Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Ultra loosing WIFi connectivity have to keep cycling Flight Mode

(Topic created on: 07-02-2023 11:06 PM)
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options

I replaced my Note 10 4 months ago with an S22 Ultra. I never had any trouble with the Note 10 but since I've had the S22 it keeps loosing WiFi or Network Connectivity or the connectivity I have hangs. It appears to happen whenever I move from one connectivity source to another: Either inside my house as I move between WiFi sources, 2.4GHz, 5GHz, the router or WiFi access points or move from the house to outside from 3g to 4g etc. If I'm out and about using a mobile network and move to a WiFi network, connectivity hangs. Any change is likely to result in "no service" or just a hang. I can fix the issue by turning on and off  flight mode  or forcing a change of WiFi Network.

My wife has a Samsung A50 - no issues.

My Samsung Note 10 - No issues on Vodafone or Sky.

Any Ideas? Is the only solution for sell my S22 and get an S23?

15 REPLIES 15
Gregk64
Navigator
Options
Had a similar problem with my home WiFi and connectivity generally which I've commented on in other posts already, being no expert I think the issue you describe has been created by the Android 13 update. I found that by turning off all Intelligent WiFi settings except "switch to mobile data" made a massive difference, I also turned off initially the WiFi calling which helped. It's not a perfect solution but did resolve considerably for me, if you search for WiFi or connectivity issues in this forum others have had the same problem. Cheers.
M1dnight
First Poster
Options
I wish I never took contract out for Samsung S22 ultra right now I feel like trashing mine but can't as its on contract.
Cant make calls while out and about.
Default options keep being reverted back to original settings.
Cant use bluetooth headphones.
Took me 2 days of fighting with phone to use use google photos as my default back up.
Some of stuff I have on google back up like videos of dance work shop I attended before I stopped dancing wont download(so angry about that).
My last one I had to send to be replaced 😔 had even more software issues.
WORST PHONE IVE EVER WASTED MONEY ON.
Regnarts
Pathfinder
Options
@M1dnight,
On the assumption that your current phone is a very recent replacement on the same contract as the previous one that got replaced, it may be worth going back to the agent and let them know that you are still having issues with the current replacement.
Have you exhausted your right to return it, or get a refund?
Has the time frame for any such action elapsed?
Just a suggestion.

Meanwhile, have you tried a factory reset to see if it resolves the issue?
I hope you get it sorted. 🙂
ETAandR
First Poster
Options
Similar problem with my S22, I found that switching off WiFi calling has worked (so far). Update didn't work for long.
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
Thank you. The phone was a cash purchase from Samsung so no contract.
Wonder if an s23 would solve the problem.
KonradCy
Apprentice
Options
One trick is to reset connections. This will clear all saved WiFi and Bluetooth pairings, meaning you will have to pair everything again. You can backup the settings, so you can reload them later, but my problem was issue happened with previous Samsung phones/ tablets, so the bug was transferred to the new Samsung device. I reset my S20FE 5G, and then did a fresh connection to my brothers WiFi which I had problem with. All Samsung devices in that household had no issues. Everything now works. When I got home, I reset all my other Samsung devices. The WiFi issue happened with other routers, so I knew it was my devices. Now I have a clean Samsung profile, this is what I will use when installing on a new device. If not, install only contacts first and manual setup WiFi. Do the apps later.
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for that. Never even noticed the Intelligent WiFi settings menu. I've done as you suggest as it sounds as though the problem is in that area and only time will tell if it helps, but it's certainly no worse.
Interestingly I wanted such settings on my Note 10 to make the WiFi latch on to the best network but I'm sure it wasn't there. Have to be careful what one wishes for especially if the function is buggy.
Tony
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for those suggestions. I'm testing turning off intelligent WiFi first then I might try yours.
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
I'd like to do that as I have no mobile coverage where I live and WiFi calling is rubbish, especially for receiving two factor texts.