Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Ultra - Don't update ! It breaks the storage

(Topic created on: 11-11-2022 08:56 AM)
ripsy
Apprentice
Options

After the latest update, my phone straight after the installation is showing no storage available. Going into settings - Device care - Storage it's showing - 1 B available. Phone works but cannot see pictures, take screenshots and google play store says no space available to install app updates.

I have reached out to support and this is the answer:

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you are experiencing right now, it's a system glitch from our new software. On our end as a Technical Support, we can only perform troubleshooting steps and arrange repairs to resolve any fault for the device by the engineer. Only our software developers can be able to check and this concern and your error attached from Samsung member app, and they are working internally, which we are not allowed, and we do not have the details for their testing.

SO VERY WELL DONE WITH YOUR SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE. Released a software update with a glitch. Something even worst is happening as well with Galaxy Watch 4 which won't switch on after update and you need to visit a Samsung Store.

signal-2022-11-11-085530_002.jpeg

Please find a fix asap.

9 REPLIES 9
Raz311
Student
Options
I Am facing the same issue, Samsung is no longer what it used to be, they've become stupid.
Raz311
Student
Options
Next phone will be an iphone for sure!
0 Likes
ripsy
Apprentice
Options
I bought a Pixel 7 Pro and I will use GrapheneOs. Tired of this bullshit. The support was funny enough to tell me that it's a known issue. WTF they release updates with something that broken
Neo001
Legend
Options
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

It is not a pretty picture.

Do you happen to have the update number/code? I say this to be more specific, the latest is relative. It would be nice to know which one in particular is breaking the phone.

Watch 4 seems to be in serious pickle. No being able to start at all is a bit too much. New updates could potentially introduce new bugs but leaving the device unusable really takes the biscuit.  

0 Likes
Barford1011
Navigator
Options
I have the s22 ultra and had the latest update to say I have no storage I have plenty, to be fair I read all these posts on here and everyone has to windge about something..... Try cleaning the phones memory once in a while and keep all apps up to date, I have had a Samsung since the s6 Edge and no problems. I find that you lot can't use a phone and use every bit of memory space and post a review to say how ***** samsung is.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @ripsy. This is certainly an unusual issue and, so that it can be properly investigated by our developers, I highly recommend submitting an Error report at your earliest convenience.

The guide below provides steps on how you can do this:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

Please let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
bdfreedom
First Poster
Options

UPDATE: I found a solution in another thread! It worked for me (so far):

- Go to Apps > Settings > click on three dots in corner > Special Access > scroll down to "Media Storage" and activate it. Then restart your phone. Apparently the new update turned off this access?

Original post: I am having the exact same issue (with Samsung S22) after recent update (S901USQU2BVJA). I can't even take photos with the camera, download photos from WhatsApp, or do anything that is even the most basic function of a smartphone. This piece of junk is now just as good as a flip-phone from 2002.

Have you found any updates/fixes that actually work? I would love to know - thanks for sharing! I've been scouring the web and yours is the only post that describes this issue.

0 Likes
VCB
First Poster
Options

I just did some updates after a year and it shows samsung system is using 101 Gb of my 128 GB internal memory. Wtf

0 Likes