Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 photos blurry on the edges

(Topic created on: 05-10-2023 02:12 AM)
Eucalyptus
First Poster
Options

Was wondering if anyone experiencing this problem - the best way I can describe it is my camera constantly shooting in portrait mode (with the depth of field). No matter how much I try (different ratios, up close, from afar, in pro mode, or regular mode) the edges of my photos are always blurry like they are in portrait mode. I took the same picture in normal and portrait mode - they are identical. But I just need normal photos crisp all around, it's crucial for my work. I even tried taking pictures directly through Instagram to see if it's a software thing - but the same problem occurred...

Just trying to understand if it's a common problem for the series or if my phone is faulty and Iat least I have a chance to exchange it.

P.S. Honestly ever since I bought this phone it was a constant disappointment. I was ready to deal with sh***y battery life (telling myself in a couple of years I will just change my phone anyway and probably won't buy a Samsung ever again), but now I noticed this and I just can't express how upset I am. I bought this 800 GBP phone and have to use my old OnePlus to take pictures, like, seriously?

12 REPLIES 12
ivanscream
First Poster
Options

2023 problem persists. 

This one if made with my old iPhone 11 from which I switched to Samsung.

photo_2023-10-04_15-10-27.jpg

This photo is made with my new Galaxy S22

photo_2023-10-04_14-48-10.jpg

Well... No extra options are turned on. Both just 1x cameras

That's not an iPhone commercial, I switched for a reason after 10+ years, but the camera issue is killing me, I never experienced anything like this before on any of the phones, not talking about the company's top tier devices.

Travelller
Explorer
Options

Not surprised as from what I've gleaned, it's more of a HW issue in which case no  firmware or software  update will offer a [real] improvement... 😕

0 Likes
paolograsso988
Journeyman
Options

Is there like a setting or something to just shut down the other cameras and the softwares modification? Maybe if the data quantity is lower, its easyer for the devide to return a better result

0 Likes