Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 notification on lock screen

(Topic created on: 05-03-2023 10:39 PM)
Jessface
Student
Options
I have just got a S22 and can't figure out how to change the setting so I can see detail of my notification without tapping on my lock screen. It just shows me the WhatsApp symbol and I have to tap to see the message, surely there's a way to see a preview of the message as default. Can anyone help me please? Thanks! 
7 REPLIES 7
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
I have the S22Ultra, but I assume they have the same settings for lock screen.

See attached.

Settings, then lock screen, click edit on lock screen, then select full details.Screenshot_20230305_225802_Wallpaper and style.jpgScreenshot_20230305_225735_Settings_1000012334_1678057055.jpg
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jessface 

You could try Settings > Notifications > Lock Screen Notifications  > Toggle On Show Content.

And  > NotificationPop Up Style > Toggle On detailed.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Jessface
Student
Options
Thank you both but I have both those settings on which seem totally logical but still only get the WhatsApp icon. 😔
JasonJason
First Poster
Options

I also have this problem.  I have selected Lock Screen Notifications = "detailed", but I only get the WhatsApp icon on my lock screen.

Please help!

helphelphelp
Student
Options

Same. I have tried the below advice and it doesn't work either. I'm thinking of returning my phone because it doesnt work correctl.y 

0 Likes
Bossman1988
Student
Options
Hi everyone, solved this issue. Go to the lock screen page and select the lock screen picture on the left (first screenshot). It will then open an example of your lock screen. Then click the notification icons and you'll be offered the chance to show just icons or details, 2nd screenshot.1701806018938.jpg1701806105744.jpg
HelloKitty18
Student
Options

Thank you so much, I think that actually worked for me. I've been going crazy trying to figure it out. 🙂

0 Likes