Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pass not working on New Galaxy S22

(Topic created on: 26-02-2023 12:26 AM)
Galaxy_PSY
First Poster
Options

I cannot even set up samsung pass. It says couldnt register fingerprint , try again later.

I cant even set it up , and hence cannot use it at all on others apps 

Screenshot_20220917-050539_Samsung Pass.jpg

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Are you using some screen protector? If yes it might be interfering. Were you able to register fingerprints on the phone itself? And are you logged in your Samsung account on the phone 

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Galaxy_PSY hello, try the following steps: Access Settings / Applications and click on the area indicated in the screenshot. Activate Show system applications and confirm. Look for the Samsung Pass app and in the options you will see three points on the top right, perform Uninstall updates .Reboot the phone and update the Samsung Pass app manually.Please check.Greetings.

apps eng..jpeg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Stuart in Toronto
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Ventor - I performed the Uninstall Updates and rebooted, then manually updated the App.  Still can't log in - after entering my password, it asks for fingerprint verification.  When I enter my fingerprint, I get a message "Couldn't verify fingerprints - try again later".  Strange because I can still access Pass on my old phone (Galaxy S21) with my fingerprint.  Any ideas on what I can do to get this working on the S22?

XayZay
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem on my S23U. I tried the steps above, and it's still not working.

0 Likes
Stuart in Toronto
Apprentice
Options

Hi XayZay - sorry to say that subsequent to my post above I spent about 2 hours on a chat with Samsung technical support.  They were quite helpful in trying multiple solutions, but the problem never got solved, so I have turned Samsung Pass completely off and don't use it anymore.

0 Likes
Kbrains
First Poster
Options

I found the magic answer! Turn off wifi and do it over your cell network and it will work. Or at least it did for me on the S23.

Stuart in Toronto
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Kbrains - I tried this and it worked for me too on S22!

0 Likes
Geekme
First Poster
Options

Thx, this solved it💪🏾

0 Likes
Alrodz1
First Poster
Options

Thank you! It worked for my S23 too!

0 Likes