Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s22 ultra speaker issue

(Topic created on: 13-03-2022 12:48 AM)
foivos
Pioneer
Options

hello, i want to report a weird s22 ultra sound issue that is reported in all s22 ultra models both exynos and snapdragon. So the issue is the following, the phone cant play the low frewquencies and the mid frequencies good and it lacks bass. The phone is a winner in high frequencies but it doesnt work properly in the mentioned ones. A way to reproduce this issue with any s22 ultra is the follpowing: you must have spotify premium or deezer or apple music or tidal in order to get 320kbs (the best quality), then try to play a song called YKWIM which has low and mid frequencies (the song is random and one i found in a forum). when playing this song in the s22 ultra in 320kbps, and have the volume to 1/3, 2/3 and 3/3 you will noticed that the sound is distorted and its like the phone is in a metal box and the sound refflects itself in the metal box and the result is distorted music. I would appreciate if a samsung employee could adress this issue. Thank s(sorry for my english grammar but english isnt my mother tongue)

20 REPLIES 20
Ibrahym
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue when I put the phone call or what's app calls on speaker it starting to hear strange sound like distorted from time to time but I believe I don't hear it during normal videos, this is my third Samsung s22 ultra which I replaced from the shop, before the issue was so clear and present during even with music or videos but now only with calls, I got sick of returning the phone and I kept it hoping that April update gonna fix it but the issue still presents 

0 Likes
riccio99
First Poster
Options

hi i have the same problem with my s22. it happened after the last update of firmware.

0 Likes
Ibrahym
Apprentice
Options

I hope this reaches them and fix it with upcoming update as it is deal breaker 

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

My S22 Ultra sounds terrible as well. You can't use the volume above about 66% or the speakers distort terribly. 

Plus, there is no bass. All midrange and treble - screachy horrid sound. 

0 Likes
Members_j9nzY9L
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on the s22 ultra.  Thinking about returning the phone and use my old Note 10+

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

Wise choice. If you are still within your return period, I would get rid of the S22 Ultra and keep your Note 10+. 

Tbe S22 Ultra is a step backwards in quality. 

I just got my return shipping reminder form Samsung today for my S21 Ultra 5G. I am seriously thinking about forfeiting the $700 trade in and keeping the S21 Ultra. The sound and battery life is so much better. 

To add insult to injury, the Bluetooth sound on the S22 Ultra is horrible as well as its internal speakers. 

0 Likes
Hamdy18
Apprentice
Options

You are right unfortunately the sound is really bad in it 

0 Likes
Hamdy18
Apprentice
Options

I am using s22 ultra for 2 months and really sound is extremely bad specially from upper speaker  as for some what sound distorted from it and when I connect it to my car the is very low and I had to raise it to its maximum 

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

Yes, Bluetooth in the car is awful, especially when you have a great sound system in your car. 

Speakerphone performance is abysmal as well. 

I found an equalizer app in the Google play store that really helps the Bluetooth sound in the car. It's called "Flat Equalizer Bass Booster". It's a 10 band EQ. The picture is 3 red sliders. 

Here is a link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jazibkhan.equalizer

Judt remember to use it sparingly so you don't overboost. 

It's a Band-Aid to fix the sound quality, but it really is a great app. 

0 Likes
Hamdy18
Apprentice
Options

I will try it ... thanks for help .... did you try to play (ykwim) song in Spotify premium it is really showing that the upper speaker is awful it makes a little zzzzzz sound when sound level is from 120% to 150% and It is driving me crazy and I notice this problem with vocal sounds ( sounds of people ) when I play any video on YouTube really there is something wrong in speakers and I think it is related to software and when I wearing earbuds 2 sometimes the sound not aligned with the photo and some sound come from 1 earbuds louder than the other one really big sound issue and samsung keep sleeping 

0 Likes