Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s22 ultra speaker issue

(Topic created on: 22-03-2022 06:58 PM)
foivos
Pioneer
Options

hello, i want to report a weird s22 ultra sound issue that is reported in all s22 ultra models both exynos and snapdragon. So the issue is the following, the phone cant play the low frewquencies and the mid frequencies good and it lacks bass. The phone is a winner in high frequencies but it doesnt work properly in the mentioned ones. A way to reproduce this issue with any s22 ultra is the follpowing: you must have spotify premium or deezer or apple music or tidal in order to get 320kbs (the best quality), then try to play a song called YKWIM which has low and mid frequencies (the song is random and one i found in a forum). when playing this song in the s22 ultra in 320kbps, and have the volume to 1/3, 2/3 and 3/3 you will noticed that the sound is distorted and its like the phone is in a metal box and the sound refflects itself in the metal box and the result is distorted music. I would appreciate if a samsung employee could adress this issue. Thank s(sorry for my english grammar but english isnt my mother tongue)

20 REPLIES 20
Members_ASL0Ym1
First Poster
Options

Hi, thank you for sharing this. I am a Samsung fan and have been using their phone for years. Currently wanting to trade in my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 to take advantage of the £412 trade in offer and get other freebies like the Free Galaxy Buds Pro. So, I just ordered the S22 Ultra but if it has sound issues should I refrain from buying it? It's kind of put me off now 😒 

0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
S22u Vs s21u the speakers are miles different the s21u sound richer fuller and louder

No point changing the equaliser settings because it makes little to no difference and reduces the volume significantly
foivos
Pioneer
Options

I would suggest to get the phone, the phone is a beast in terms of photo , and the speaker high frequencies are also good. In my opinion it's a firmware issue but we will see. I would suggest or wait or get it. 

0 Likes
foivos
Pioneer
Options

I have enabled dolby atmos, have thr 60+ setting in order for the phone to boost all thr frequencies and I have tried few eq settings and with all thse settings I have refused the problem but still the low and mid frequencies aren't that good while high frequencies are the best I have heard in the phone 

foivos
Pioneer
Options

have enabled dolby atmos, have thr 60+ setting in order for the phone to boost all thr frequencies and I have tried few eq settings and with all thse settings I have refused the problem but still the low and mid frequencies aren't that good while high frequencies are the best I have heard in the phone 

0 Likes
foivos
Pioneer
Options

I believe it's a firmware issue but we will see 

Madfish
Pathfinder
Options
I agree, coming from the Note 9 the loudspeaker performance of the s22ultra isn't good... it is very tinny and lacking any bass. I'm not sure how a firmware update will fix this isni believe it is a hardware limitation of the speakers.

Dissapointing
0 Likes
RitaK
Journeyman
Options

I sent my Ultra 22 back to Samsung. Whether it was the phone itself or the earbuds that I got for preordering, I do not know. But I tried listening to a podcast with the earbuds, and it literally  hurt my ears. The sound was so screechy. Also, the audio from a video message I received in messages was very distorted. After i acclimated  to the keyboard, everything else about the phone was top notch. But I could not live with the sound from the earbuds or from the speakerphone, which I use a lot. 

0 Likes
Hamdy18
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem with the upper speaker and i don't know it is hardware or software issue