Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s22 ultra ghost touch

(Topic created on: 04-04-2022 10:08 AM)
Sezz
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Ever since I received the latest update (S908BXXU1AVCJ, april) my recently used apps button will automatically activate. For example when I click on a picture on whatsapp it will automatically press the recently used apps button. Same happens when I browse in Chrome. It even happened when I clicked the choose a board drop-down while creating this topic

Edit april 11th

Got a reply from samsung. Turning off the touch sensitivity option and battery saving mode is supposed to temporarily fix (or atleast decrease the frequency that the ghost touch occurs) the issue. Till it gets officially fixed. 

For me the suggestions above did not completely fix the issue it still happens just not as often as before.

Edit april 6th

It seems this problem is being called ghost touch. And more people are experiencing this since the april patch. 

Edit april 4th 13:18h

I turned on the option to switch the navigation buttons so back is left and recently opened apps is right. Now it still happens. But instead of recently opened apps it automatically triggers the back button

Edit april 4th 1337h

When i switch it to gestures it still happens. But now it zooms in instead of going back (so it counts as a click which zooms) because for gestures to work as they are ment to work you have to swipe. 

Does anyone else have this? It doesn't happen all the time. But often enough to annoy me. 

50 REPLIES 50
Moak khan
Apprentice
Options

Hi sezz, 

Thanks for highlighting this issue , i also was facing the same issue since the april update. 

After deactivating touch sensitivity, it is working fine for me now 

But battery is still oj power saving mode .

Thank you very much for your updates,  it really helped .

I hope they get rid of these glitches .

cydyeung
First Poster
Options

I am having similar issue, mainly when clicking into a photo inside whatsapp.  Sometimes it also happens randomly but noy very often.

Trying out disabling touch sensitivity suggested in the last reply.  Let's see.

0 Likes
YukonHermit
Apprentice
Options

I'm having vary similar issues with my S22 Ultra.

When I touch the screen in the bottom half the last app I used opens. This happens about 20% of the times. 

0 Likes
Sezz
Explorer
Options

Same here. Happens often when opening a photo in whatsapp. And sometimes in other scenarios as wel. Turning off the touch sensitivity made it occur less frequently for me. Unfortunately it still occurs sometimes.

0 Likes
Duhjahno
First Poster
Options

I am having this same issue. It seems to be the bottom area of the screen that keeps randomly getting clicked (even if my hand is nowhere near the screen). I originally bought the S22 Ultra Red, and I didn't like the color. So I got the phantom black. I never noticed it happening with my Red one, but it does with the phantom black one. I also don't know if I had the same update on the Red one as the phantom black one, but I definitely have the April update on the phantom black one. I have tried the troubleshooting steps, and have found no answer. This issue has lost me REAL money playing poker, because the ghost clicks will randomly fold me out of hands, and call random hands. I thought it was an issue with the app at first, but it isn't. This is NOT acceptable.

0 Likes
MrMinassian
First Poster
Options

Its the entire navigation bar for me. Just randomly either goes back, most recently used apps, or home key. It's getting kind of annoying.

0 Likes
Jparker
Journeyman
Options

100% have this. Mine was the back button or home button right off the bat. What's weird is that it doesn't do it with every app but a handful it always does it. Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
snakehead404
First Poster
Options

Interesting find, I'll turn mine off and see if it stops.

0 Likes
PeterAlexander
First Poster
Options

I am as well and I have noticed it happening in the bottom right corner. I recently noticed it, and have the developer options unlocked on this phone, and the show screen touches option turned on.  For instance when I am on fb and am looking at a post on full screen, it always quickly clicks on the left side of the share tab and quickly clicks the right side of the Share tab. Or, sometimes I'm texting someone and the keyboard goes berserk always clicking Space and period,sometimes m or enter. I also turned the touch sensitivity off, and have always used the gesture navigation, and have the change keyboard option off because it was annoying, making it so the spqcebar and period and enter keys are all at the very bottom. 

0 Likes
ghstrydr
First Poster
Options

Have the same issue here, bottom right hand corner of screen has ghost touches after last update. This is making my phone unusable. It happens in Brave browser, as well as a bunch of Verizon apps, like voicemail. I thought my phone had been compromised at first. Samsung needs to fix this. There are certain financial areas where 1 click could cost me allot of money. This is totally unacceptable. I tried turning off battery saver as well as the high sensitivity. Seems to help a bit. 

0 Likes