Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s22 ultra ghost touch

(Topic created on: 04-04-2022 10:08 AM)
Sezz
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Ever since I received the latest update (S908BXXU1AVCJ, april) my recently used apps button will automatically activate. For example when I click on a picture on whatsapp it will automatically press the recently used apps button. Same happens when I browse in Chrome. It even happened when I clicked the choose a board drop-down while creating this topic

Edit april 11th

Got a reply from samsung. Turning off the touch sensitivity option and battery saving mode is supposed to temporarily fix (or atleast decrease the frequency that the ghost touch occurs) the issue. Till it gets officially fixed. 

For me the suggestions above did not completely fix the issue it still happens just not as often as before.

Edit april 6th

It seems this problem is being called ghost touch. And more people are experiencing this since the april patch. 

Edit april 4th 13:18h

I turned on the option to switch the navigation buttons so back is left and recently opened apps is right. Now it still happens. But instead of recently opened apps it automatically triggers the back button

Edit april 4th 1337h

When i switch it to gestures it still happens. But now it zooms in instead of going back (so it counts as a click which zooms) because for gestures to work as they are ment to work you have to swipe. 

Does anyone else have this? It doesn't happen all the time. But often enough to annoy me. 

50 REPLIES 50
Cleverton
Student
Options

Sane issue, after update

0 Likes
Jparker
Journeyman
Options

It requires a software update. It will come soon. Just hang in there. Not cool but will be fixed and glorious phone. 

0 Likes
XDMX
First Poster
Options

does your case cover have a magnet at the back?

0 Likes
S22 ultra user1
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I'm too facing the same issue, but only the difference is I'm using navigation gestures..same auto/ghost touch occurs during browsing in chrome and while using Microsoft teams...Didn't expect this kind of behaviour from a top-end phone with a top-end chipset!!

Cleverton
Student
Options

No.

I'm using the Samsung's Clear Standing Cover.

0 Likes
Jparker
Journeyman
Options

This is a great question, do not use magnets with "note" type phones. Causes issues, specifically will not allow the use of the S-pen anywhere a magnet is present. 

0 Likes
carlosqueiroz
Journeyman
Options

Sezz tk u so much!!!Turning off the touch sensitivity option solved this issue!! U R great!!! I thought that was some hardware problem and just lost the screen protection, that I took out, thinking (also) that it could be the problem. Now I am in peace! LOL

0 Likes
UmHowAboutNo
First Poster
Options

I've recently updated to this April 1 patch a few days ago and I noticed this ghost touch too. I thought maybe my screen protector suddenly got displaced or something but looking around the net and seeing posts like yours, I'm inclined to believe the patch screwed something up. How fitting it was from April 1 must be some sort of sick prank. 

0 Likes
Dradil
First Poster
Options

Having the same ghost touch Issue with my S22 Ultra 5G. I have samsung leather case on it. Started after the April patch. It's so annoying. Whenever I am browsing it just either exits (auto press middle menu option) or goes back (auto press back option). It's also pressing keys when I am typing, initially I thought I was being clumsy but I am not. Rather than asking users to reset, turn off battery saving and screen sensitivity, how about samsung actually fixes the issue that is clearly because of this patch. Buying a top notch device using it for work as well. Disappointing and so frustrating!!

Moak khan
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone 

Just follow the instruction and toggle off the touch sensitivity and you will be fine 

I have done it and it's been working fine since 3 weeks .

Not once this has happened again 

So bottom line 

Please read the comment and follow the instructions and only comment how well has it worked for you .

So that this post becomes a "fix to the problem" not a complain box 

0 Likes