Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s22 ultra ghost touch

(Topic created on: 10-06-2022 02:28 PM)
Sezz
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Ever since I received the latest update (S908BXXU1AVCJ, april) my recently used apps button will automatically activate. For example when I click on a picture on whatsapp it will automatically press the recently used apps button. Same happens when I browse in Chrome. It even happened when I clicked the choose a board drop-down while creating this topic

Edit april 11th

Got a reply from samsung. Turning off the touch sensitivity option and battery saving mode is supposed to temporarily fix (or atleast decrease the frequency that the ghost touch occurs) the issue. Till it gets officially fixed. 

For me the suggestions above did not completely fix the issue it still happens just not as often as before.

Edit april 6th

It seems this problem is being called ghost touch. And more people are experiencing this since the april patch. 

Edit april 4th 13:18h

I turned on the option to switch the navigation buttons so back is left and recently opened apps is right. Now it still happens. But instead of recently opened apps it automatically triggers the back button

Edit april 4th 1337h

When i switch it to gestures it still happens. But now it zooms in instead of going back (so it counts as a click which zooms) because for gestures to work as they are ment to work you have to swipe. 

Does anyone else have this? It doesn't happen all the time. But often enough to annoy me. 

50 REPLIES 50
Ahmadfakeer1991
First Poster
Options

For me it presses home button 

0 Likes
Kelisha
First Poster
Options

I've had my S22 ultra for about 2 weeks now and I'm having the same problem everytime I click on whatssap images, I've also noticed it on YouTube music and the pen up app. Turned off touch sensitivity and seems to be working alot better now.

Krea1987
First Poster
Options

My wifes has started recently. Still happening after updating settings and even removing screen protector. Hoping for patch soon. 

0 Likes
floreton
First Poster
Options

I have similar issues, completely random, I have thought that the device itself was defective, but if I'm not wrong this has been more visible since the last April update, I have been using the phone for a couple of weeks. This annoying problem is going to be fixed with a new update? Does anyone know if this issue is being attended to by Samsung? This is such an unpleasant problem for a pretty expensive device. Hopping gets solved ASAP.

0 Likes
Taylor55
First Poster
Options

Having this too, getting incredibly frustrating. I was loving this phone too, getting close to trying to return it if this isn't fixed soon, makes it almost completely unusable at times. 

0 Likes
Sofelipee
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same trouble. The ghost touch is at the bottom left corner and at the top right when in landscape mode.

0 Likes
caesarp
First Poster
Options

thanks it working for me lets see how long it will last

0 Likes
Hoffstar
First Poster
Options

I am having the same thing. I realize now that it was with the April update. Very very annoying. It's actually happening as I am typing this reply! Keeps taking to my keyboards as that is the bottom right of my screen. 

0 Likes
MonkeyMD
First Poster
Options

I'm glad a searched this.   Thought i was going crazy.   When i swype text, it will insert random words and spaces even though i hadn't removed my finger.  I had touch sensitivity off since i got the phone and it worked with my screen protector just fine.   Thinking screen protector may be loosening up,  i turned it on,  which made no difference.   Also when I'm scrolling web pages,  it jumps up then down. 

Wth Samsung.   I have been using Samsung since the S2. Get this fixed.  It's beyond frustrating. 

macgy_6060
First Poster
Options

Dear Hai007er, has the ghost touch recur ever since u turn off bixby routine?

0 Likes