Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s22 ultra ghost touch

(Topic created on: 22-04-2022 07:07 PM)
Sezz
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Ever since I received the latest update (S908BXXU1AVCJ, april) my recently used apps button will automatically activate. For example when I click on a picture on whatsapp it will automatically press the recently used apps button. Same happens when I browse in Chrome. It even happened when I clicked the choose a board drop-down while creating this topic

Edit april 11th

Got a reply from samsung. Turning off the touch sensitivity option and battery saving mode is supposed to temporarily fix (or atleast decrease the frequency that the ghost touch occurs) the issue. Till it gets officially fixed. 

For me the suggestions above did not completely fix the issue it still happens just not as often as before.

Edit april 6th

It seems this problem is being called ghost touch. And more people are experiencing this since the april patch. 

Edit april 4th 13:18h

I turned on the option to switch the navigation buttons so back is left and recently opened apps is right. Now it still happens. But instead of recently opened apps it automatically triggers the back button

Edit april 4th 1337h

When i switch it to gestures it still happens. But now it zooms in instead of going back (so it counts as a click which zooms) because for gestures to work as they are ment to work you have to swipe. 

Does anyone else have this? It doesn't happen all the time. But often enough to annoy me. 

50 REPLIES 50
Jparker
Journeyman
Options

Mine seems to be mostly my at&t voicemail app but randomly less often other apps as well. 

LoggedOn042322
Student
Options

Hi there. Same Has been happening to me but I was not sure if it was because I have recently had my screen replaced. Have you got any updates or feedback about this issue? And is it still happening? 

0 Likes
Jparker
Journeyman
Options

Same, I had put on a $60 dome glass which I ripped off thinking it was causing the problem. Totally wish I hadn't done that. I have had pretty good luck turning off the touch sensitivity since doing that but not 100% gone. 

0 Likes
LoggedOn042322
Student
Options

Off topic....does anyone else's s22 ultra sound/feel as if something is loose inside if shaken a bit vigorous in hand

0 Likes
Jparker
Journeyman
Options

I've heard of this but don't personally have That.

0 Likes
Fuddsnake
First Poster
Options

Same issue here....

Keyboard going crazy.  Previous apps drawer opening randomly. Blah blah blah....so frustrated right now....

However,  I do have to say this. I just turned off my Bixby routines....and it's a VAST IMPROVEMENT!!! Happening VERY seldom now. Almost nonexistent. Try and reply.....

0 Likes
Fuddsnake
First Poster
Options

I believe what you are hearing is the cameras inside.....

0 Likes
Fuddsnake
First Poster
Options

Touch sensitivity is off, and power saving is off as well.

0 Likes
Mbutcher
First Poster
Options

I've used my s22 ultra a total of 4 combined days. Within the first day i noticed it, the second day it was unusable for texting. Sent it in under warrantynto get repaired, they said there were no issues. I've used it for one full day now. Since getting it back and its doing the ghost touch again. Even after fully resetting the phone and trying multiple different trouble shooting options.

0 Likes
Arfan_Chatha
First Poster
Options

It's 3rd day of using my S22 ultra snapdragon version,

I noticed sometimes touch doesn't work over the fingerprint sensor area for a few seconds and after a while it works fine. Most of the time I noticed while typing on the keyboard, T & Y keys at the sensor area these keys are often missed while typing.

Also facing some ghost touches on some keys, 

Shift, Z, coma and switch to number keys. 

While typing these keys keep getting pressed by it self

Screenshot_20220424-160656_HwModuleTest.jpg

0 Likes