Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s22 ultra ghost touch

(Topic created on: 04-04-2022 10:08 AM)
Sezz
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Ever since I received the latest update (S908BXXU1AVCJ, april) my recently used apps button will automatically activate. For example when I click on a picture on whatsapp it will automatically press the recently used apps button. Same happens when I browse in Chrome. It even happened when I clicked the choose a board drop-down while creating this topic

Edit april 11th

Got a reply from samsung. Turning off the touch sensitivity option and battery saving mode is supposed to temporarily fix (or atleast decrease the frequency that the ghost touch occurs) the issue. Till it gets officially fixed. 

For me the suggestions above did not completely fix the issue it still happens just not as often as before.

Edit april 6th

It seems this problem is being called ghost touch. And more people are experiencing this since the april patch. 

Edit april 4th 13:18h

I turned on the option to switch the navigation buttons so back is left and recently opened apps is right. Now it still happens. But instead of recently opened apps it automatically triggers the back button

Edit april 4th 1337h

When i switch it to gestures it still happens. But now it zooms in instead of going back (so it counts as a click which zooms) because for gestures to work as they are ment to work you have to swipe. 

Does anyone else have this? It doesn't happen all the time. But often enough to annoy me. 

50 REPLIES 50
okwhatever
Explorer
Options

I do experience screen activating without my any touch on bootom right part of the screen, im using fullscreen mode so it activates apps in bottom tray. I already started legal actions against samsung and phone is going back to them for inspection

saad502
First Poster
Options

i have the same problem it happened after the last update,the touches i have in the bottom left corner,i noticed that whenever the touch sensitivity option is on it happens but when i turned it off it stopped happening

Members_Lr63nlq
First Poster
Options

Yes I'm getting this aswell and it's annoying!! I've reset my phone which helps for a bit and then it goes back to that. I also noticed it after the April update but not 100 percent sure if I had it slightly before then. I've tried to get into recovery mode but that doesn't seem to work unless I'm doing it wrong. Hopefully they address this asap before it gets worse 😬

0 Likes
Members_WiPEkKc
First Poster
Options

I'm seeing the same issue which has started with the April update. I'm also quite sure about this update because it's influencing a couple of games that I play on a daily basis negatively. 

0 Likes
Taylor100
First Poster
Options
Having the same issue, app screen swiping between pages itself, notification panel swiping itself back up, apps opening on there own from the lower app tray, letters getting presses when typing on keyboard, freezes on lock screen and won't let me do anything, as it blocking the second input.
elyahou
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue since the last april update... Random ghost touch at bottom right of the screen. It open message apps randomly... I confirmed this by using the "show taps" developper option... It is very very annoying !

0 Likes
Hai007er
Apprentice
Options

Yesterday, i got the same issue, BUT.... i noticed it happened when i set the bixby routine option. After i turned it off, everything went normal.

i did test several time, and i can say the cause is from Bixby routine.

I hope this will be solved very soon

Inel
Student
Options

I'm getting the same issue with my Exynos device. Seems to always happen if I'm typing with a keyboard or editing a photo with Adobe Photoshop.

Extremely annoying and like many of you, seems to have come about since the last update. 

0 Likes
zlatkod
First Poster
Options

S22 Ultra, my problem is high sensitivity on right bottom side of screen, where i have chrome shortcut, so on unlocked screen it turns on chrome by it self, at random times... last night i had small <30MB update and problem continues also after this