Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG Downgraded Phones Memory

(Topic created on: 26-04-2023 10:24 AM)
richardlangsk
Apprentice
Options
I'm writing about what stupid decision SAMSUNG made to not provide memory card slot in newest phones. What kind of stupidity it is. Those days everyone gathering larger memory capacities. My new S22+ upset 😡 me very well. I was always buying Samsung devices, due how clever they were with quality. SAMSUNG downgraded phones like jump from AUDI to CITROËN. If SAMSUNG doesn't get memory slot in the future phones, that would be my last purchase from SAMSUNG. I believe that will put OFF a lot SAMSUNG buyers. 

Richard Lang 

4 REPLIES 4
keith30
Maestro
Options
Send any feedback though the support section, you might read it or maybe not as they don't read anything in the community forum of this site.
0 Likes
Libb
MegaStar
Options

I'm sorry you're disappointed. I'd understood your concerns at S20 which have only 128 GB storage. But S23 Ultra starts at 256 GB and reaches up to 1 TB. The internal storage is significantly better than external SD card. It is faster, more secure, Android supports it better.

It you really need more data, you can buy e.g. an external SSD like T7 Touch and connect it to the phone using USB OTG. It works seamlessly.

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
I agree it is very off putting when can not get one with external memory card slot.
(Same with headphones slot for me too.)
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This is an avenue Samsung has been down now for many years with most of their phone's @richardlangsk along with removing the 3.5mm jack for earphones.

Some now use online storage vaults.

I advise people to buy the largest internal storage capacity phone they can afford to help future proof their purchase.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes