Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung cancelled my S22 Ultra order. Awful.

(Topic created on: 09-05-2022 10:33 PM)
DomP83
Explorer
Options

I pre-ordered my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Graphite 1TB on 10th Feb.

Despite me taking time off work to receive delivery, on the original delivery date the handset was delayed. This happened 4 more times, with no communication until the delivery day that the handset was delayed, despite Samsung clearly being aware of this. 

The most recent date was the 2nd of May. Since then, I have been chasing to try and obtain a updated delivery date, then out of nowhere today I received a standard form email confirming that the handset has gone "end of line" and that they've cancelled my order. 

This was followed by an email detailing all the (exceptionally spurious and legally questionable) reasons why they haven't breached contract (and to be clear, they most definitely have), and absolutely no offer of any kind of apology, compensation, or gesture of goodwill. In addition, following the cancellation email they actually had the gall to send me a stock email confirming the handset had been delivered?! Talk about taking the p*ss...

Truly the worst experience I have ever had of purchasing anything online, and should serve as a stark warning of Samsung's exceptionally reprehensible treatment of their customers. 

I am currently away from home but will be filing in the UK small claims court for consequential losses given the time off work and time/effort spent trying to find out what has been going on, and believe I have a watertight case given the emails I have from Samsung. 

Very, very disappointing, and I hope that your experiences have been better than mine. 

6 REPLIES 6
N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
Lol your taking Samsung to small claims court good luck with that one!
DomP83
Explorer
Options

@N1NJATH3ORY wrote:
Lol your taking Samsung to small claims court good luck with that one!

To be honest, it's one of the least daunting cases I've been involved in (I have some professional experience in the legal field). They've contracted (i.e. accepted an offer and taken consideration; the payment) and then failed to deliver on multiple occasions, which is a clear contractual breach. Whilst I'd have no basis for claiming loss on the first failed delivery (as I would have been taking that day off whether it arrived or not), the subsequent 3 days were all unnecessary and a consequence of Samsung's failure to deliver. As I see it, they'd be foolish not to compensate as I can't see a court going with them given the dates of delivery and the dates the emails confirming delays were sent; I couldn't have done anything more to mitigate the my "loss" i.e. wasted days off.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
You aren't the only one they did this to. There's another post with the same outcome appeared in the last 24 hours. You both have a case for Samsung to answer here and you should also consider Trading Standards as well as Small Claims. Maybe a joint case would have more clout? I doubt there are just two of you out there with cancelled orders who have lost earnings through time off when nothing turned up
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Given all the reported issues with the S22 series you should be jumping for joy! 😂

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Primalpunk
Apprentice
Options
O think your quite right my friend.I was messing about with my Samsung Galaxy A20s and whoah!!! What the fu**
It was a bit wild but in a good way,as things were happening after 6months
I a day and half a half I stumbled onto Open Source Code and what a find but now are you guys saying that it will be no good for me to get my free Samsung S22 free mobile phone.
EE offered me it on-line so I went into Shop and they knocked me back because I didn't have my BT Password,so I changed the Sim for another one I had at home and went EERShop again and still they knocked me back again I'm needing some support not this behavior so I'll go go 2moro for my new mobile phone so here goes till 2moro tilli get my free mobile SGalaxy phone
Until moro and you don't recommend the new S22.cheers.
0 Likes
Primalpunk
Apprentice
Options
Bad News!!!
0 Likes