Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 22 Plus frozen black screen.

(Topic created on: 22-03-2022 08:56 PM)
Bear19
First Poster
Options
I have had the above upgrade from my S10e for 2 weeks now.
Generally I keep my handset for 5 years as they are solid having no operational issues.
Since owning this model there is an occasional annoying hang in the screen when browsing through either webpages or images.
It happens when using my index finger in a vertical flicking motion up the screen.
Once the black screen occurs it's difficult to break out. It is reproducible once it starts but I have been unable to produce this error on demand.
I run only a handful of apps and don't play game's.
I have the same apps loaded as that from my S10e.
Memory is 2.4Gb free, store 152Gb free.
Adaptive screen refresh is on as default.
There are threads on the web relate to this issue but so far i have been unable to fix it.
I also have an issue with Android auto in my car. This too was solid on my S10e.
Connection is dropted continually.
Not looked into this one yet.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Jayzzz
Explorer
Options
Same issue. I'm working on getting a replacement but getting a successfull result from Samsung customer service is like having a chronic ulcer...
Bear19
First Poster
Options
Yes all my emails bounced with no reply. Incredible really Samsung CS should be above average ensuring repeat purchases.
However like that of the Uk car market currently cars are been delivered not completed due to parts resources.
How many other manufacturers are taking short cuts to deliver products with reduced resource.
QA time cut and pushed out to the consumer to keep profits afloat.
I will keep going with mine for a while unless it will take more that a clear case to protect it from me!.
0 Likes
Bear19
First Poster
Options
Even though I have updates set to auto there was one to download and install.
This does relate to graphics performance.

Oops.. When you buy any new electrical device CHECK for downloads firmware.

I still cannot replicate the issue only time will tell if this update has resolved my issue.
Will update this post if fixed.
0 Likes
nico81arg
Pathfinder
Options
Request a refund if you are still under return period, otherwise the only option will be send your phone to repair and samsung can take weeks...
0 Likes
Bear19
First Poster
Options
Update on Black screen hang .. since I performed the update there has been no repeat issue.
However Android Auto continues to be a pain in the neck with lost communication. Still reviewing this.
0 Likes