Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S22 Ultra Screen Problem

(Topic created on: 23-04-2023 01:42 AM)
chrisque5
Journeyman
Options
I was using my S22 Ultra, all of a sudden the screen turned shaded and a white strip along the front camera.
The phone didn't fall or hit. I bought this phone on 25th Feb 2022. Galaxy S22 Ultra  

S22-Screen.jpeg

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
chrisque5
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for all your replies. Looks to be a hardware issue. Visited Samsung Service Centre, they've accepted to fix it under warranty. But the problem may occur for other Samsung devices too. 

View solution in context

Solution
chrisque5
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Service Center guys replaced the screen. In addition to that, they've changed the battery and the body. All done in 2 days. This is the thing I love about Samsung and that keeps me a fanboy since S1 🥰

View solution in context

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you go into the phone app and dial *#0*#
At the top are 3 different coloured test cards
If the white line disappears. Then it is likely you have an app or theme that's causing this issue.
If the white line still shows in the tests. Then you are looking to get it booked in for a repair

You can always try wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone. Just in case
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, along with Glenntech's good advice you could also enter into the diagnostic settings.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @chrisque5 

Try putting the phone into Safe Mode. 

> Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If that fails try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On. 

Ultimately a factory reset after backing up may help.

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone too if necessary. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
chrisque5
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for all your replies. Looks to be a hardware issue. Visited Samsung Service Centre, they've accepted to fix it under warranty. But the problem may occur for other Samsung devices too. 

Solution
chrisque5
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Service Center guys replaced the screen. In addition to that, they've changed the battery and the body. All done in 2 days. This is the thing I love about Samsung and that keeps me a fanboy since S1 🥰

0 Likes
Nick T
First Poster
Options

This is definitely note our fault. This problem can be temporarily alleviated by adjusting the screen refresh rate to 60Hz (Settings > Display > Motion smoothness > Standard). Similarly we can enable "Power saving" mode. let's band together and make our voices heard. Please sign our petition to demand Samsung fix our screens for free and prevent this from happening again

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/samsung-s22-uitra-screen-problem-around-may-2023

MrD3
Journeyman
Options

Tried this and when selecting red/green/blue the line still there. Switching to standard the display smoothness temporary fix the issue but when you restart or it powers on the line still shows up.

0 Likes
MrD3
Journeyman
Options

changing the display smoothness to adaptive reproduce the issue above temporary fix set it to standard

0 Likes
SriHarsha
First Poster
Options

I am also having same problem but to right side. But is on and off. Sometime light on the top right is there and sometime its not.

0 Likes