Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 series

(Topic created on: 07-01-2023 02:20 PM)
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
So we are nearly at that time for the new s23 series,and I was wondering if you guys were interested in upgrading from whatever model you own now?.

I currently have the s22 and just love the design and size of it, battery isn't as bad as people make out either,I get around 5-7hrs sot with all day battery (exynos).
Unpopular opinion but I don't like where Samsung have gone with the ultras,they should of just kept the name "note" and left the "s" series alone.i still have my s21 ultra which is the last true "s" series flagship phone.

Anyway with so many rumours and pictures flying about we have a pretty good idea of what the phones will look like now.
So I'm considering getting the s23 mainly because I have an obsession 😅,but only if the bezels are the same or smaller than my s22, battery has been improved, also apparently they are having Snapdragon across the board this time(although never had issue with exynos in last two models).

Phones now are very stagnant and minimal with regards to upgrades that even someone like myself who has an unhealthy obsession with getting a new phone, nothing has caught my eye.

Love to hear from you guys on what you are hoping for in the s23 series,and what phone you're currently using.

Thanks everyone and I hope you all have a great 2023 ❤️
25 REPLIES 25
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm keeping my S22 Ultra as from what I've seen so far. It's just not enough improvement for me to want it.
The caveat is if they do a great trade in deal or announce something great about the phone that's not been leaked yet.
I will probably just hold out till the Z Fold 5 comes out and I will trade in my Z Fold 4

Will have to wait for the announcement and see

Like you, my Exynos S22 Ultra has been brilliant and I have not had any of the issues others seem to have had
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Keeping my s21 until the s24 comes out or I may upgrade to the s23 next year (once its been released for a while so I can get a good deal on it) but for now until next January Im sticking with my beautiful Samsung s21 💜
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm keeping an open mind @tinglish 

If the Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra supercedes my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra and ticks my wants and needs boxes then I'll definitely consider pulling the trigger.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Will it be any different from the s22 ??
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
The changes again look to be quite minimal.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@nowdeleted 

Until Samsung run the unpacked event we just don't 💯 % know

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

leelee2023
Explorer
Options
No I'm not interested yet because I just got the samsung galaxy s20 FE
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I will be upgrading from my Exynos S21 Ultra contract phone to the S23 Ultra only if the actual performance of the S23 Ultra matches the hype. I won't be rushed into a purchase by any free earbuds or whatever. I want to read all the reviews and think things through before I commit one penny. Should I go for the S23 Ultra I will not be trading in my 21U. I trust it totally and really love the thing and want is as my second phone to compare the 23U with. I will not just stick with the 21 U off contract though and save some money, as life is too short and I want the latest technology in my life and don't want to feel as if I am missing out or falling behind tech wise.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah I know what you're saying,I think the changes/upgrades for the past few years now are so minimal that it's hard to justify getting a newer model(that goes for all phone brands).
But like yourself that doesn't mean I won't 😅.
Personally I know I will try and talk myself out of it but end up getting the s23.