Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Series / Samsung Unpacked 2023

(Topic created on: 31-12-2022 11:31 AM)
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
With the unpacked event inevitably close...is anyone already eyeing up the S23 ? 👀

Really interested to see more about the new 200mp Ultra camera sensor, especially when paired globally (we hope) with the latest Snapdragon chip.... 📸
17 REPLIES 17
keith30
Maestro
Options
Nope, iv'e the S22ultra and to be honest ther doesn't see that much difference, there's talk about a better camera and bigger battery but we don't know till it's actually released even on Sammobile he doesn't really give that much away to what we actually know already. I'm happy with mine till I'm able to upgrade later on.
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I do agree that changing every year sees the least return/improvement as it's iterative...moving from say..S10+ to an S23U would be very noticeable.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @GusB 

I'm keeping an open mind until Samsung run their unpacked event and officially release the specs.

If the s²³ Ultra supercedes the s²² Ultra I have now and tticks y wants and needs boxes then I may pull the trigger.

Until then I'll enjoy the rumours and Chinese whispers.

I've owned both Snapdragon and Exynos varients of Samsung phone's and am happy to own either soc.

Interesting times ahead. 👌

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm with @BandOfBrothers on this.
The rumours don't suggest a big upgrade and initially I don't see the upgrade over the S22 Ultra I have.
But I. Keeping an open mind to see what actually comes out.

Some seem obsessed by the Snapdragon chipset, but honestly my Exynos S22 Ultra has been brilliant.

We shall see. Could be just a minor upgrade this year and the S24 Ultra maybe a big change. Time will tell
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm getting it, S23 Ultra I am coming for you
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
All depends on what you use your phone for and how much right...
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Me too 😂
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well mine is Well used. I use the S Pen a lot
But yes it depends on how you use the phone
For me, if there's a good improvement in the cameras, then I'd definitely be interested in the S23 Ultra
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
There sure is a lot of hype surrounding the S23 Ultra which is holding my keen interest to be sure as the two year contract on my Exynos S21 Ultra expires in February. The jump to Snapdragon with the 23U promises to be interesting at least, but I have always found all the Exynos flagships I have owned to be brilliant performers, and looking in to some overseas chatrooms when Snapdragon versions of the S21U and S22U were released it was clear that they had the same early optimization issues (including overheating) as their Exynos counterparts, so I don't expect miracles from the 23U pre full optimization; BUT I must say that the 8Gen2 chipset has some serious potential, especially now that Samsung will not be using their own foundry on the chipsets. They will be using the TSMC foundry to get the best possible performance, and this should give the entire S23 range real kudos and praise.
Megapixels are not everything to me, but looking into the proposed camera set up on the 23U I am cautiously excited and really looking forward to seeing how it all performs when released. I would like better low light video and less noise in video also with less apparent overpumping of ISO rating in shadows in all light conditions as on my Exynos S21U when shooting 4K60 video for instance. This has always disappointed me from day one as the rest of the video
performance and camera performance as a whole have been quite brilliant.
I certainly am looking forward to the launch of the S23U and seeing how it performs in the real world. Even my cautious side is telling me that it has the potential to be one of the best Android devices ever. Maybe, just maybe ,THE best. Let's see. 👍