15-03-2022 07:28 PM in
Some owners are experiencing similar issues to the one's you've mentioned @Mbfrenchbulldogs
If you perform a forum search you'll see recent threads with people discussing this and offering up tips on how to remedy some of these.
The March update looks to have helped some.
Personally I've not experienced these on my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256gb.
Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512Gb in Phantom Black.
The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "
16-03-2022 06:52 PM in
21-03-2022 02:14 PM in
Sorry to hear!
Still waiting on my S22 Ultra Graphite, there have been many delays! 🙃
Nevertheless, try this out, and it should help boost battery and performance!
1) Power off your device completely
2) Hold down on the power button and the volume up button and let go of them immediately once you see the Samsung logo disappear
3) Then a recovery menu will appear, which you can navigate using the volume buttons
4) Go down to 'Wipe partition cache' and select it using the power button
5) Then use the same way to navigate to 'Yes' and select with power button
6) Once it's done, it will show the recovery menu again and then navigate to 'Reboot system now' which should be the first option and this will start your phone up again.
DO NOT WORRY! This does not delete any of your data files, images etc. It simply clears out the cache and especially unnecessary cache data. A few people have tried this and seen great improvements in performance and battery life 👍
23-09-2022 08:21 PM in
Yeah, it's *really* bad. The bluetooth on mine randomly stopped working. This is on the heels of poor battery life, the wifi not working at my office (literally no one else has this problem, including with my work phone), and struggling to get WhatsApp working.
The bluetooth was the last straw. I'm returning this POS.