Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22ultra uk model telephoto camera problems

(Topic created on: 16-10-2022 06:38 PM)
Fd22
Explorer
Options
I bought S22ultra uk version and tried taking photos using zoom on telephoto lens. This zoom is so shaky and terribly bad image stabalisation it's almost useless.
Really bad for a premium expensive phone I paid £1500 for. 
Is there going to be a software fix or it's a hardware issue which cannot be fixed.
9 REPLIES 9
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When you use the telephoto lens zoom it's super sensitive because your zooming so far. What you should do is try centre the image in to the yellow box and the phone will then stabilise it but it can only so so much due to the distance your zooming in to.

Typically when people use a zoom even on a regular camera with zoom they use a tripod or something to stop your hand shaking, it's not a fault but actually something that happens

You should learn to use your camera/phone properly, there is a lot of articles by others on here, I would suggest you read some of them

Check Photography talk channel, theres lots of great post by @Cassidy007

Photos I have taken using the s22 Ultra with 80x zoom

20221009_021255~2_1000000879_1665278263.jpg
Fd22
Explorer
Options
I get that but why a £1500 premium phone comes without a proper stabilisation hardware + software solution.
I think Samsung could have done better with that telephoto feature.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
I agree, with the money we spend on the device, it should have a better stabilisation than what it has. I have shaking hands, it's part of my disability so it doesn't matter how much you tell us to read about on using the camera, anyone can read but you shouldn't have to just to take decent photographs. Everytime you tell us about the improvement with this software update but it doesn't improve it. 🤔
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
It's the same on the Samsung galaxy s20 ultra , still waiting for focus fix ,
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To be honest I have no idea what you think a phone can do to help with a normal issue that all photographers have regardless if they use telephoto or not

Camera shake is normal and shake sensitivity is normal when using a telephoto lens

A phone can not miraculously make you a better photographer

You all have to remember you brought a phone first with camera, not a camera with phone features
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Physically it's not really feasible to be able to get totally smooth stabilisation.
Partly because it will not be able to keep up with hand shake.
It does have a stabilisation software, but zooming in with such tiny camera sensors, you will still need to try and hold it still.
This is not limited to just Samsung
I've used Huawei, Google and many other devices and all are similar or worse.
My professional DSLR camera is difficult to stabilise when using a zoom lens. This is considerably more expensive than the phone
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

I am very critical of Samsung’s shortcomings. They have appalling customer service, they are liars, they renegade on their offers, the S22 series has been full of problems, the list is endless. However, the zoom is not a problem. Anything up to 10X, which is the optical zoom, is not bad. Any zoom above that is a bonus. We cannot expect the 100X to be smooth, and at the very least you need a tripod or a way to stabilised phone in place. It is a simple math problem. Any small variation on the vertex of the angle, will translate into a big distance in the opening of the arms.

The phone is expensive, but a good camera is as expensive or more, and good zoom lens could be even more expensive. Even with a really good camera, lens and OIS, one needs a tripod to take decent pictures at large zooms.

Sharon2010
First Poster
Options
Does anyone s22 ultra freeze and restarts after taking photos on 30x and 100x zoom? My husbands was fine when he brought it in July but after a month it doesn't seem to like taking photos on 30x or 100x and just crashes the phone and ui one will pop up on the screen. Very annoying for the price of the phone. Alot of people have mentioned it aswel but no fix and samsung just don't care at all.
0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

As photographer, i know that the biggest difficulty in photography is to stop moving. Nobody can do it except with a good tripod.

You can read about it here :

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/are-tripods-essential-in-photography-or-not-vid...

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk