Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22ultra has like a grainy oily when cleaning with water and microfiber cloth

(Topic created on: 29-05-2022 12:26 AM)
thehypnootoad
Journeyman
Options
S22ultra has like a grainy oily film when cleaning with water and microfiber cloth.Only certain area when wet collects what looks like a oily film and stays there until I dry then dissapears. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The screen will have a oleophobic coating on it to help reduce things like fingerprint marks while you use the phone.
This will make water bead and pool on the screen and dirt can still affect the way water sits on the screen.
Best off using a lens cleaner or screen cleaner to clean the phone with.
I use the one in the link below. I did an article on this community about it
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/accessories/love-this-phone-cleaning-kit/td-p/4121259
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Your using to much water on your microfiber cloth, use warm/hot water and slightly damp the cloth with it, wring it out to. Definitely don't waste your money on a screen cleaning kit as they are complete garbage and clean no better than water.

The water beading is completely normal your just using to much water on your cloth.
Utterlyfedup
First Poster
Options
'too much'.....
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@thehypnootoad: When cleaning the screen of your Galaxy S22 Ultra, we recommend using a soft, lint-free microfibre cloth, such as a camera lens cleaning cloth. Where necessary, dampen the corner of the cloth with a small amount of water. For further information, please refer to the steps in the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clean-my-galaxy-phone/

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
'Not Interested'.....
Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options

That looks to me like part of the oleophobic coating has worn off

XxRayxX
Pioneer
Options
Completely normal to see and have this mine dose it too.
0 Likes