Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22U exynos/ UK dual-sim , 5g or 4g signal but no connection

(Topic created on: 02-04-2022 08:15 AM)
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
My phone has the latest update (April) 
I had this issue since the phone was released in Feb. 
The phone shows 5g or 4g ,1-2 bars as signal and suddenly it wont connect to Internet, i.e. : browser wont load, youtube ,etc.
Phone calls are fine when this happens 
It happens when in an area with not good signal coverage, i know ,it make sense right?
When this happens, i checked the signal strength and it fluctuate between-106/-110 dbm(anything more than 108 is no signal), i was in my car ,parked up . I then walked out the car and the signal improved, from 1 bar of 4g(-110dbm) to 3bars(-96dbm).
Guess what,the phone won't connect to Internet .
Once i moved further ,problem gone or a restart
The phone's antenna is picking the signal,but further down the line ,something isn't working 

I left few error messages + system logs+ screen recording through Samsung Members,but no reply from Samsung (2 weeks ago)

I tried everything, hard reset ,deleted cache, etc

10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's possible the signal improved when you exited your car due to being surrounded by metal so leaving the car means the phone will pick up better signal in most cases and adjusts ASAP to connect.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone,  and another sim card in your phone and then see what happens. This is to see if your sim card is at fault and needs swapping out.

It could also be your chosen network and their cell masts. If your phone is unlocked to all networks could you try another networks sim card. A Pay as You Go / Pre Pay Sim card for example.

There is an app in the Playstore called Samsung Band Selection which may help.

Try going into Settings > Connections > Choose Lte/3G/2G if your phone allows this option.

Also Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

You can run a diagnostic test via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section.

A Samsung Service Centre can also check the phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
I tried everything, samsung selector app does nothing, i have replaced my sim card with a new one, i tried sim 1,then sim 2 , i had my old s21ultra, side by side(swapping the sim card from one phone to another, in the same location , no issues on s21u).
It's happening in my house,parks,gyms,etc not only in my car.
I think you missed the point of this post:
THE PHONE SHOWS STRONG INTERNET SIGNAL ,BUT NO INTERNET CONNECTION 😑
I'm on EE here in UK
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just trying to help here @Catt78 

Thank you for including further troubleshooting you've tried which wasn't in your original post.

Take the phone to a Samsung Service Centre and they'll assess the phone.

I wish you all the best. :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
A strong signal doesn't translate to connectivity, I would suggest contacting your carrier and see if the area has any issues. Or issues with s22 with Network?

I have been in areas where either got 5G and 4 Bars and it was as dead as a door nail, but found same issue with S21 too, it's was a dead zone
Jpswain696
Pioneer
Options
I would go to Settings- About phone- Status information- Sim card status. Then look at Service Staus should say "in service ".

Then look at mobile network state should say "connected".

If these are all correct. Check the phone can also check for signal settings- type mobile network in search.

Network operators unselect automatically see if all providers show. If nothing shows its a faulty phone and needs repair
Jpswain696
Pioneer
Options
No Internet is APN issue. Settings type Acess go to APN click the 3 dots top right hand corner reset to default check EE Data settings are there if not you haven't received your Carrier settings from them
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
Hi
I did all that, i can see other network operators if I choose to manually select network and mobile network state is connected, same service state is in service.
Everything is as it should be, however i noticed when i am in an area where the signal is very weak to the point where the phone would lose the signal,then if I move in a strong signal area(the phone would have 3/4 bars of signal) ,the phone wont connect to Internet (if i wait for like 30min ,the phone will connect eventually to Internet, but not right away).
It seems that there is no fast transfer from a cell tower to other
0 Likes
Wayne0071
First Poster
Options

Same issue in South Africa.

My wifes phone was actually defective. SIM 1 in of the dual SIM S22 worked perfectly, while SIM 2 had 4G connection issues. 

A few people are experiencing this. Unfortunately, the Exynos phones still disappoint.

0 Likes
Members_7z0EdOz
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. I bring additional informations:

• The loss of connection is more noticeable when I'm driving so it seems like it is an issue related to the change of 4G/5G base station/antenna.
  • I never had the issue with my S21 Ultra until I updated to Android 13. Then the issue appeared. So I changed it with a S22 Ultra and I unfortunately experience the same thing.
  • I read somewhere that using a eSim could solve it.

I am from Belgium and my operator is Proximus, which is the biggest mobile operator here.

0 Likes