Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 won't fast charge

(Topic created on: 27-02-2023 03:12 PM)
ajblaze83
Apprentice
Options
S22 won't fast charge regardless of use of a number of different fast charger plugs and cables if I let my battery run all the way down its saying 8 hrs plus to charge when I plug charger in fast charge will show for about 5 secs then time to charge changes aswell anyone any ideas phone is only 3 months old iv tried cache delete and also partition cache delete made no difference 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
slk204
Apprentice
Options
Is the fast charge setting turn on under "battery" menu.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It only shows for a brief moment on screen, then shows the time it will take to fully charge the device. What have you got in your battery settings shown?
Superfast charging or fast wireless charging use to stay on screen when charging but Samsung made changes to that function.
ajblaze83
Apprentice
Options
Yep fast charge is on
0 Likes
ajblaze83
Apprentice
Options
Battery settings show fast charge super fast charge and fast chare wireless all are on but won't fast charge nearly 8 hrs for a full charge when battery ran down only 3 months old my phone
0 Likes
ajblaze83
Apprentice
Options
But still won't fast charge
0 Likes
slk204
Apprentice
Options
Do you have another devices which supporting fast charging. This is the easier way to determine what is going wrong. (charger / charging cable / phone)
0 Likes
ajblaze83
Apprentice
Options
Iv tried my chargers on cables on phone phone its definitely the device I don't know if its something to do with the last update
AndrewL
Options

@ajblaze83: Are you using an official Samsung 25W plug adapter, along with the USB cable that came packaged with your Galaxy S22? 

0 Likes
ajblaze83
Apprentice
Options
Iam using a official charge it was working it was fast charging now its stopped I have tried my charger on another phone so I know its not the charger it's the device put on charge and will say fastcharge 28 mins 5 secs later changes to1hr 28 mind to charge 10 secs after that 2hr plus and if I charge it from say 30% left it'd taking over 8hr to charge fully keeps changing to slow charge
0 Likes