Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22+ won't charge, says it has detected moisture. Wireless charging also not working

(Topic created on: 20-08-2022 10:14 AM)
uggis22
Apprentice
Options

My S22+ said it detected "moisture or foreign objects in the charging port" and therefore will not charge until it dries. I let my phone alone for 10+ hours after the warning, blowed in the hole, blowdried it with cool air, used a toothpick to see if there was something there, but it still wont charge. 

When I put the charger in, the phone started beebing immediately to take out the charger and let it dried, so i tried everything again and it still wont charge! My phone died and it still would not charge, so i bought a wireless charger, that is supposed to work perfectly on the S22 series, and it wont charge. 

NOTHING 

please help asap

8 REPLIES 8
MubiN96
Explorer
Options
If there is liquid in the charging port, move your phone to a dry and well-ventilated place, then clean the charging port with paper tissue. Make sure that your phone is powered off. Remove any SIM and memory cards. Do not use the charging port in the next 4 hours to allow it to fully dry. Hope this helps 😊
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@uggis22: Are you using the original USB cable that came packaged with the phone, along with an official Samsung plug adapter? If so, and if you have access to a home computer, please try connecting the phone to the computer using the USB cable to see if you're able to establish a charge. If possible, please try an alternate compatible USB cable, just in case the issue is stemming from your current charger. 

If the problem persists, please reach out to our Help Desk by visiting samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and get in touch via your preferred channel, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you further, and arrange an engineers inspection. 

uggis22
Apprentice
Options

Well I did try all that, and if you read in the post, and did not charge for 10+ hours after the warning. I got it to charge eventually, but the warning popped up again when the phone ran out of battery

0 Likes
uggis22
Apprentice
Options

Yes I am using the cable that came with the phone. I got it to charge by trying to turn it on fifty times and then it would charge with the cable and wireless. But then the next time my phone died, it would not charge again and the same symbol popped up, (a warning sign and a drop of water by the port). But then I tried and tried fifty times again and it would charge. And this time I know for a fact that the phone was not wet.

My friend that works at the electrical store said that maybe the sensor has stopped working correctly.

0 Likes
Hanjay
Journeyman
Options
This is happening to me atm!!!!
0 Likes
S22ultra2
Pioneer
Options

Happening to me as well. S22 Ultra .... annoying

0 Likes
S22plusUser
First Poster
Options

This just happened to me.. got off 2 hour flight sat down to chrge phone ...had 50% charge and then moisture warning.. used airport handdryer (cold) with no affect.. used tissue paper with no affect.. still shows moisture icon and alarms s22+

0 Likes
Domesticated
Apprentice
Options
https://youtu.be/lf3U3olvTwQ
Check out this post on YouTube and see if it helps
0 Likes