Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra - Worst experience ever from a Samsung Phone + the service

(Topic created on: 22-03-2022 07:31 PM)
Shams84
Student
Options

I am always into Android devices and I pre-ordered and received it on 15th March. And the nightmare started from next day when it started restarting randomly and was only getting worse , up to 10 to 15 restarts a day. I submitted a help ticket on members app on 17th and guess what, the next day, it shut down and got stuck in a green boot screen with this error "build doesn't match with reference ".  Tried restarted and it was always stuck in the green screen.

The next day I took it to the Samsung Store I purchased it from. They forwarded me to the nearest Samsung service center. They said they will attempt to factory reset the device and all my data will be lost. I was like really going insane. All my data were there, did not get the chance to back up and all will be lost including my crypto walelts? then there was no other way and I allowed it. They tried it and they said, sorry we could not do it as the new software for this version is not available yet. 

Then they said, there are two options, either a replacement of the phone or get money back and both will take up to 3 weeks. I was screaming that how can I survive without a phone for 3 weeks. They offered a spare phone (old rubbish) but I denied it. I asked for a refund. My plan was that, if at least the refund process is approved, I will not wait for money back and buy a new phone right that day. But after submitting the refund request, they started saying, a refund may not be guaranteed. If it's a software error, they will replace the phone anyway. I had to cancel the plan to buy a new phone on that day. So, I am still waiting for an update since last Sunday.

Altogether, I am really frustrated, utterly disappointed for a premium phone that did cost about 1500 EUR here in Turkey. Samsung can never compensate me enough for the data loss and forget about the waiting time now.

3 REPLIES 3
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

before it started crashing was there an update? 

0 Likes
Shams84
Student
Options

After the purhcase, it got several updates. So yes, before the crash started, there were several updates

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
This is very unfortunate and I'd say you're extremely unlucky to have experienced these problems.

I've bought every Samsung flagship over the last 4 years and never experienced anything remotely close to this, so I'd say this is a very unusual situation. I hope you manage to get your device sorted and good luck.
0 Likes