Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Ultra unable to share videos through whatsapp

(Topic created on: 20-05-2022 02:16 PM)
Sulakh
Apprentice
Options

I just spent two hours with Samsung support trying to get my issue resolved. The issue is that I am unable to send video over whatsapp. Videos that are forwarded from other phones I can upload without an issue - just not videos shot in the S22. Four different  'customers service' people took remote control of my phone and did all...the problem is still there. Ultimately they terminated the chat ....never known samsung customer service to be this bad

23 REPLIES 23
XxRayxX
Pioneer
Options
I have just noticed this. I am given a message via wats app saying it can not be sent to retry if this dose not work reset my phone I don't belive it to really be a samsung issues but wats app. I'm yet to figure that out but pretty sure it's wats app.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try going into settings and into Apps
Scroll to WhatsApp and go into storage and clear the cache
Make sure that the app is fully updated via Google playstore
While you are clearing the apps cashe. Go into permissions and make sure those are on for media.

In the WhatsApp app, if you go into settings. Storage and data.
Check media auto download are set for WiFi or data and WiFi depending on your network
At the bottom You have media quality, best set to auto
0 Likes
Sulakh
Apprentice
Options

Tried all suggestions...the samsung customer care tried too. The problem persists. I am not able to find any solution. What should I do?

0 Likes
mkap
First Poster
Options

I am having this same issue. Tried all the usual. Going to uninstall WhatsApp next and reinstall though. See if that fixes anything. 

0 Likes
YBD
First Poster
Options

I also have this problem 

0 Likes
Members_HYTDCwj
First Poster
Options

I've the same problem. Contacted Whatsapp' support and was told the following:

"Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Please restart your phone. Turn it off, wait 30 seconds and turn it back on.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We'll be happy to help!"

Didn't work. Then i was told:

"Hi,

Thanks for your message.

We're aware of the issue and are working on fixing it in a future update of WhatsApp.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We'll be happy to help!"

It's quite disappointing, to say the least.

TankRMC
Student
Options

I have the exact same WhatsApp issue..... sigh

TankRMC
Student
Options

Thanks for saving me a bunch of time on hold... this issue is seriously inconvenient and effecting my enjoyment of this phone.

Maybe Samsung should be calling Meta and mentioning that their very expensive flagship phones aren't compatible with their very popular platform and maybe they should push a fix out.

It's bad business for both Samsung and Whatsapp (Meta).

Solution
Adel111
Student
Options

I had the same problem but just tried a solution and it worked out

the camera takes HDR videos and it's not compatible with whatsapp and many old devices

So to solve it go as below

Open the video in video player

Then editor

From editor press the 3 dots below right corner

Then size and format and switch from HDR10+ to SDR

THEN TRY TO SEND IT AGAIN AFTER SAVING 😃😉

Screenshot_20220522-234515_Video Editor.jpg