Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra still worse than S10+ for gaming

(Topic created on: 08-04-2022 08:51 PM)
Phil6
Explorer
Options

8th April 2022, I've had at least 2 phone updates from Samsung, and my S22 Ultra 12Gb / 1Tb still isn't close to being as good as my S10+ (base 128Gb model) for gaming. Right up to trade in, S10 performed well on Call of Duty Mobile on high graphics settings. S22 can't even sync the audio and the graphics on medium to low graphics settings. Shocking for the price. Loads of glitches in the graphics, other players appearing and disappearing whilst the phone tries to keep up, and fails. I've been using both phones with the same setup, gamepad, and connected to the TV. 

Does anyone know if this is likely to be fixed with a software update, or is the hardware compromised? 

Galaxy S22 Ultra 

6 REPLIES 6
Da1e2020
First Poster
Options

Have you had the update for cod mine runs decently at high settings

0 Likes
Phil6
Explorer
Options

Yes, had all the latest season updates and downloads, unless there's something I'm missing? Had to drop settings to medium to get close to playable. 

0 Likes
Da1e2020
First Poster
Options

I'm playing at high with max framerates and it's flawless but max settings works too

0 Likes
Phil6
Explorer
Options
Partial resolution. I was trying to use my free buds Pro, and they have a gaming mode to reduce audio lag.
0 Likes
Phil6
Explorer
Options
After a bit more use of the phone, and paying attention to other things happening with it, I've realised that my problem is the data connection issue that a lot of people are experiencing. Also affecting video streaming, and even the download of a single picture sometimes when good signal is reported. The main thread has 9999+ (Samsung clearly weren't expecting over 10k) views and nearly 600 posts from people angry and upset at spending so much on a data/communication device that doesn't deal with data properly. Still no response from Samsung.
0 Likes
alphapapaactual
Explorer
Options

I have the 256gb exynos version and can't get any high frame rate support in any game I tested so far. No 60fps for Call of duty, Sky: children of light, Fortnite, Diablo etc.. worst gaming experience ever.

0 Likes