Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ULTRA SPEAKER CRACKLING

(Topic created on: 26-02-2022 08:06 PM)
Sands820
Student
Options
Spoiler
Set up my new S22 Ultra today to only find out the speakers sounds absolutely horrendous!

When any sound is played through the speakers a loud distorted crackling noise over powers whatever it may be playing. Is anyone else having the same issue or know how to fix it?

Not what you expect from a top of the range phone!
83 REPLIES 83
Aag12
Journeyman
Options

I have this same issue on my s22+

0 Likes
K4Y0
Pioneer
Options

Did you get your replacement. If so is the problem still the same with the new replacement.

0 Likes
Njaypooh29
Student
Options

Omg I am now having this issue after owning this thing for a couple of days. Even phone calls sound so bad. Anybody figured out what's causing this? I'm almost regretting switching to Samsung after owning an iPhone

Aag12
Journeyman
Options

I suspect it's a software issue since it comes and go for me... I am getting a replacement phone from tmobile, so I'll let everyone know if that fixes it! 

Al791
Apprentice
Options

When this issue happened to me, it could be resolved if I put some pressure on the screen and came back if i let go. Makes me feel it's hardware related, anyone else notice that?

Aag12
Journeyman
Options

Ugh, I got my replacement phone from t-mobile a few days ago and I have the same issue. Based off of the intermittent issue I've had and this being on 2 phone this it must be a software issue or a setting/app I have installed

K4Y0
Pioneer
Options

I have tested without apps installed and it does the same thing. Also my phone freezes while using the keypad and still have some flickering and call dropout. To write this message it froze 5 times now and crashes everytime keypad freezes.

I have been thinking that we might have got a bad batch. Some people on other forums say it's working perfectly for them. So not sure if it's hardware or software related problems.

Hasan-omran
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened with my s22 ultra just start using it and am hearing noise in both speakers upper and lower one, i took it to the service they told me tgere is a fault in device and they will replace it with new one, still waiting the approval from their side 

0 Likes
Aag12
Journeyman
Options

Wow you're right... Pressing on the screen works for me to.

Not sure why my issue is intermittent... But when it occurs screen pressure works! 

Kv1532
Journeyman
Options

Same issue on my s22 6.1in. The speakers sound normal if you press down on the screen between your palms. It's a defective phone.

Word of advice, RETURN IT if you're still in the 15 day return window. Buy a new one and hope it's from a different batch. Customer service is absolute garbage. They want me to send it in for "evaluation/ repair". I don't want it repaired by some underpaid employee. I want a new phone I can use without any issues for 3+ years. They refuse to send a new phone and accept this back. So I just started a full return and ordered a new one. Utterly BS service from this company with no accountability.