Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ULTRA SPEAKER CRACKLING

(Topic created on: 26-02-2022 08:06 PM)
Sands820
Student
Options
Spoiler
Set up my new S22 Ultra today to only find out the speakers sounds absolutely horrendous!

When any sound is played through the speakers a loud distorted crackling noise over powers whatever it may be playing. Is anyone else having the same issue or know how to fix it?

Not what you expect from a top of the range phone!
83 REPLIES 83
LisandroC
Apprentice
Options

If you can, since it happens to you often, try openning the sim card tray when it happens. It seems that there is a problem with pressure and a few messages before yours  said that opening the sim card tray stops the problem, which would confirm the pressure problem. For water-proof phones, opening the sim card tray is the only way to equilibrate the inside pressure with outside pressure. It has not happened to me since my last flight and I have not have a chance to test this.

Dearmoukas
Journeyman
Options

Thanks!  Def worth a try since it looks like I'm stuck with the S22 for now?  I've been using an old Galaxy J7, which is actually a trooper...until an App update throws it out of wack!  LOL!  But at least I get calls/text/music, etc in cold weather for now.  But grateful for the advice!  As soon as I receive the "un-repaired" S22 back in the mail, it will be the first thing I try!  Kudos!!

0 Likes
Members_DFWrRgO
Apprentice
Options

Releasing the sim card slot helps imediatelly, however the issue will come back. I don't understand how Samsung does not want to admit there is a harware issue. Their twitter team replied they were unaware of this problem.

Dearmoukas
Journeyman
Options

hey DFWrRgO.... gotta feeling Samsung probably has an overwhelming response about this issue?  I've been seeing results from all over the internet when I was searching to see how to fix the speaker distortions.  It's on Tech Platforms, Reddit, Twitter (as you mentioned), etc.... you name it!  All with the same qwerky problems with the temperature/pressure and speaker distortions.  And what a vital part of the phone!!  That's where you get all the sounds that alert you for communications!  So I'm thinking one theory about Samsung's radio silence and denial has to do with the bottom dollar maybe?  It's probably the first thing most folks will think of anyway to why they aren't helping with the speaker issues?  They just rolled out a new competitive phone (and Tablet).  Most likely in a rush, because when you move too fast with anything you're usually gonna miss something.  On top of NOT providing a wall charger with the cord (I know there were environmental considerations...but a gradual phase out and giving a customer the choice to get a free wall charger for the 'environmentally aware', would have been nice?), customers now have to deal with Samsung's supposed denial there is a problem with the new phone model's speakers.  The costs involved in addressing the issue is probably astronomic??  So the minions in the background at Samsung are probably scrambling now to deflect the issue until they can get it together?  That's my sensational take on it...LOL!  But honestly why would they admit it and instead say "their twitter team replied they were unaware of this problem." (a platform, btw, that is inundated with information!?)... well they would have to do something about it and it's probably a chaotic costly train-wreck so soon after the new model releases???  IDK? I'm speculating.  But sure would be nice to get an honest answer or acknowledgement... from anyone, anywhere...these days?  I could sit still and 'deal' if Samsung would just be forthright.  It's clear there is an issue with the design in the speakers.  Then I wouldn't feel I just lost an enormous amount of money to a company that just ripped me off... unless they were to acknowledge there was an issue... informing they were working to fix it... and assuring the customer they are supported and not going to get ripped off.  But 'Wish in one hand and Sh*% in the other and you will see what you get first'! Right?! LOL!

Members_DFWrRgO
Apprentice
Options

I know, very naive that for a second I thought samsung would actually care. I have never seen a samsung product with so many flaws. I also feel totally ripped off. If I get a raplecement I will probably end up with the same problem if I choose a refund I will be £100 worse off as the phone I traded in will be refunded on market value which is less than a discount applied for my trade in when I purchased the s22.

0 Likes
Dreadish
Navigator
Options

News: No one actually really tried, but this happens also when using headphones. Yesterday this happened to me as well,  after 3 days of phone being updated too April,s security firmware. I was watching a movie over AKG (usb-C) headphones,  and after 30 minutes, sound started being distorted over headphones. Pause video and resume, distortion was gone.  I did factory reset last night, with prior removing accounts from phone beacose  my S22+  had IDLE drain problem as well, now IDLE is ok, video last 30 min it was ok, but  i have a feeling this isnt fixed and it will come back.  So problem gets over headphones as well, no only speakers, but also over headphones. I hope this will be fixed over update, i  dont want to return my phone. If this happens to be hardware issue , i will demand money back for  the phone in case this is factory fault. Samsung has to aknoledge whatever this is????

So, what u guys will say now when sound gets distorted over headphones as well....when spekaer dont even play....    Did anyone found solution? Does anyone found April,s update fix this with their sound? does anyone got an answer from Samsung about this? Or any info update will fix it?

Dreadish
Navigator
Options

No one?

0 Likes
engineerdj
First Poster
Options

I just had this happen to me today as I returned from a flight this morning. Any audio coming out of the phone would distort horribly. Ran Samsung Members diagnostics and everything was OK. Ejected the SIM tray and can confirm that it resolved the issue. Will be escalating to Samsung to log a ticket.

0 Likes
Members_6UToSNw
First Poster
Options

Mine has exactly same fault returning ot today I think for a refund if this issue is this bad 

0 Likes
hmai
First Poster
Options

I've been reading all of these posts for the past month since I activated my S22.  I get the same distortion on my speakers once I arrive in my destination city, turn my bluetooth headphones and airplane mode off.  I travel twice a week and get it each time I land.  Explained it to Samsung for hours now and they suggested I take it into UbreakIFIX, been there twice now.  Each time I went, the techs there run the diagnostics and the phone passed but showed some errors on download packets on the same time/dates I travel.  2nd visit showed errors with the mic. 

Samsung told me to send the phone in for repair and that my provider (ATT) would give me a loaner phone (bunch of bs!).  They sent my phone back saying they gave it a "software update."  I bought my wife the same phone and the software is the same software, so I doubt they even gave it an update.  Haven't gotten a chance to test her phone out yet since she hasn't flown.  Pretty disappointed in this whole mess and its making me having doubts of ever buying anything from Samsung again.  

I'm transferring all of my old data minus the apps to the "repaired" phone now and will update this forum after my next flight.  I've been told that some apps may cause this issue, which I don't really think so but I'll give it a shot.  Speakers sound like poo poo.  I'll also try the sim card thing to see if that temporarily solves the issue.  

0 Likes