Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ULTRA SPEAKER CRACKLING

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 06:38 PM)
Sands820
Student
Options
Spoiler
Set up my new S22 Ultra today to only find out the speakers sounds absolutely horrendous!

When any sound is played through the speakers a loud distorted crackling noise over powers whatever it may be playing. Is anyone else having the same issue or know how to fix it?

Not what you expect from a top of the range phone!
83 REPLIES 83
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree @Sands820 

Please use the diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members app under the GetHelp section to test the speakers.

There's also a diagnostic test tool by launching your phone app and dialing *#0*#

If this does not improve by turning the phone off and on and the diagnostic  tools do not help then I'd suggest to contact the place you purchased from to arrange a swap.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Dmytro
First Poster
Options

Hello yall 

I have same exact  issue  set up my brand new s22 and sound  is horrible.  

Crackling bad. 

Notte: sometimes  it works good I don't know  what's up but it will work good for short time then suddenly  will start Crackling 

BenHufe
Student
Options

YES! This just started happening to me within the last hour. I got my phone on the 23rd, so I've been using it regularly since then; no issues up until just now. The sound it makes for any sort of audio is absolutely horrendous and feels like it is damaging the phone

K4Y0
Pioneer
Options

I also have this problem and other problems.

Sands820
Student
Options
Rang Samsung they couldn't give a reason as to why, told me to wait for an update as there should be one coming soon but if it doesn't fix the problem I will need a replacement.

Spoke to my contract provider and they have a sent a replacement! Just hope the replacement will be working as it should but after seeing that there is a few with the same issue I'm not holding out much hope!!
dkbose
Student
Options

i'm having the exact same issue. starting to annoy me so will be contacting samsung to see whats going on.

JUN8
First Poster
Options

Hi All, just received my S22 and im really dissatisfied and disappointed with the sound quality and its crackles at some points on certain songs!!!! My Previous phone was an S10plus and the speakers on this were absolutely brilliant,  why on earth has Samsung skimped on this , i produce music  so i have a well tuned ear.......i ask Samsung now what are you going to do about this????

Very Poor but sorry for moan guys...

Upper_Ess
First Poster
Options

Yes!! Been having the same problem out of the box. Phone was delivered on 2-21-22. Set it up and activated it on 2-23 and have been having the problem sporadically since then. ATT told me that I would have to wait 14 days before I can request a vendor replacement because of some 14 day buyers remorse policy that they have in place. Extremely annoying. I have to live with it until then. I really hope this is just a software/driver issue. S22 Ultra 256.

Al791
Apprentice
Options

I have same issue with my s22. Happened today for a few hours both with media speaker and earpiece speaker, but now it stopped.  I noticed if I put gentle pressure on screen it stops crackling almost like a loose connection. My carrier sending replacement