Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra: Sound Issues

(Topic created on: 10-06-2022 01:35 PM)
RobDod
Student
Options

First, let me say I'm 100% a Samsung user. I've always been impressed. But I listened to nearly 90,000 minutes of music last year and if Samsung doesn't confirm if the sound issues myself and other posters here are hardware or software I'm going to have to return my S22Ultra. Audio is my number one selling point in a new Samsung and it's the only feature that has issues.

I was expecting beautiful sound quality from the phone itself and least of all did I expect the sound to be so much quieter than my S10+ in every way. The speakers are either smaller or not pumping as loud as they should be. Also via blue-tooth (Car, Samsung Buds, Sony Speaker), the sound is translated at a drastically lower volume. My Samsung USB-C to Aux adapter also reads the phone audio as being lower than my S10+. Let me be clear. The sound is definitely lower because of the S22 Ultra in some way.

I've tried developer mode sound settings, I've tried everything. At this point, I've isolated the problem as software or hardware of the S22 Ultra itself causing every supported audio platform to be quieter. I've NEVER returned a phone. I'd hate for this to be the first time if they don't vocalize their audio problem won't need a recall. 

95 REPLIES 95
AddyPolani
Apprentice
Options

i am also facing same issue, before i used Note8, 9, 10+ Note 20 Ultra all models speaker sound was great, currently have A32 sound is great, just bought S22 Ultra and speaker sound is really low if i am outside i always miss calls, messages, all notifications. flagship phone with highest price but poor sound quality. really bad experience. 

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

I will trade in my phone for the new, but NOT RIGHT AWAY :smiling-face:

The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

Same here. A package just arrived from Amazon. It's extra chargers and charging cables. 

Now I have a corded cell phone!  

This is so pitiful!

I might as well hang some tin cans off of it too, that's what the speakers sound like...

SpikeNolan
Apprentice
Options

It's not the speakers in this phone it's hardware/ software issues because will all of my previous phones I could hook my phone up to any device or Bluetooth and the music was nice and loud and sounds real good. Very first thing I noticed with this S22 ultra is that the music level that comes out is not even half the volume on max as it is on every other Samsung phone I've ever had. I'm a music guy and can not drive and listen to talking I need music and this music level maxed with the phone volume all the way up and vehicles all the way up you can not hear it with the doors closed when all my other phones you could here it clearly across the parking lot. I agree that this phone is pretty much useless to me and I can bearly hear the music driving down the road. Then I put my headphones on and it's the very same issue very low music. Their needs to be a fix or I'm going to return for another model and I hate apple products but if theirs work then I'll use it.

0 Likes
SpikeNolan
Apprentice
Options
  • It's not the speakers because I don't listen to the music with the speakers I listen to music in my car either with Bluetooth or the cable and ever since I got the phone 2 weeks ago their isn't any volume no matter how it's used. The volume on max with this phone in all 6 of my vehicles with sound systems are not even half the volume as my previous Samsung phones last 4 phones 
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options
  • @SpikeNolan I think the S22 Ultra was just a placeholder until next year's model comes out. 

It's much worse than the S21 Ultra in battery life, speaker quality and Bluetooth quality. 

Those of us that were stupid enough to fall for the marketing hype and bought the S22 Ultra are now stuck until we get a new phone. I doubt if a fix will ever occur. 

We've been had!

0 Likes
SpikeNolan
Apprentice
Options

Only reason I upgraded is because my S10E battery blew up and fried the phone and At&t gave me $800 off with my trade in. Worse trade in I've ever had, they should of paid me to get this junk

0 Likes
Members_pNCdguZ
First Poster
Options

Its definitely quieter than the 9. 

0 Likes
Bartex_s22
Apprentice
Options

Well I would like to talk only about the sound quality through bluetooth headset. I use a top notch bluetooth headphones from Sony, with incredibly good sound quality. I used them on Huawei P20 pro and the sound was just far beyond my expectations. I just bought S22 ultra 512 GB and all I can feel is huge disappointment. Sound quality is my number 1 case when I consider buying a phone and this is just a bummer. I can no longer enjoy listening to music because it is so quiet. Where can I report this issue to Samsung? Where to get answers why the volume is so low and why on earth will it not increase my bass but actually lower my bass when I go above 60% volume? I have literally never heard worse quality since 2010.

Christie8
Apprentice
Options

Have you been able to fix this issue?

0 Likes