Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra signal/network problems

(Topic created on: 01-01-2023 08:57 AM)
krisstinel
Student
Options
Hi all, I got the phone last week, since then I couldn't have a decent conversation with it, signal drops all the time but I have full bars, Internet drops in the same time, I cannot listen to a full song on YT, if I'm on Bluetooth with the headsets, Bluetooth connection drops too, basically I have all the problems that are being reported all over Internet with this phone. Airplane mode/restart fix it for a while then it happens again. The rest of the phone is really realty great, I still vahe time till the end of the month to switch to a different phone but I really hope I'll keep this one. Is there any news that this will be fixed by an update or the phone is just rubbish and there's no hope? Cheers

P.S. even now when I tried to post this I lost the connection
76 REPLIES 76
mike152
Journeyman
Options

I've tried two new ones this year. Both had the same problems

mike152
Journeyman
Options

I've tried two new phones this year and they both do the same. Everything about the phone is great except for the most important feature doesn't work

rachiu
Apprentice
Options

hi guys

the antennas in this phone are broken. s22 ultra phone is a Fail. just so you know

here s the thing on how to fix the issue

if you don't have subscription to 5G...and you have VoLTE(voice over 4G) activated...download from play store ForceLTE app and force your phone to : 4G only through the app. this way you won't be randomly sent back to 3G H+ even when you have full 4G signal

Sarabi12
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. S22 Ultra, purchased May 2022 in Australia. On Optus network. 

Have tried: 

- Replacing SIM with new, no difference

- Tested SIM in another phone, works fine. 

- Factory reset on phone. 

- Reset network settings. 

- Tried every combination of network settings I could find. 

- Ensured phone was updated. Then reverted with the reset to ensure it wasn't the latest update causing it. 

The phone will pick up service for about 30-45 seconds once every few hours. Contacted Samsung, who have asked me to take the phone into a service centre locally. Not looking forward to potentially weeks without my phone, my backup old phone has battery issues so this won't be fun! 

It's clear from this forum and some others that this has been an ongoing wide-spread issue for some time, without comment or a fix from Samsung. Disappointed. 

Bossbii
Student
Options

I look forward to Samsung resolving this in the next software update. My phone is rendered practically useless with this network connection problem. This is so unfair and undeserving for the huge financial investment made for the acquisition of the S22 ultra. Almost useless in my hands.

blugguz
First Poster
Options
I've had nothing but problems since I got s22 ultra. I thought it was network issue and have changed network 3 times : 3,EE and o2 but have come to realise it is handset issue . How do I go about getting replacement under warranty
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@blugguz 

May I ask.......

Who supplied the phone to you ?

How long have you owned the phone ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Members_Q7Yd9tY
Student
Options

FINALLY, I'm free.

The problems with Signal were solved by uninstalling an app that seemed to clash.

Following a recent flight, where my signal disappeared at LHR immediately on boarding (multiple people around me continued to text and make telephone calls), this was the final straw.

With a significant amount of reluctance, I purchased the S23 Ultra - it's a totally different experience. This just confirms that there was undouboutedly a problem with the S22 Ultra. 

I'm very unimpressed by the additional expense required to get a working phone, but extrememly pleased that this one has a signal on the same network as the S22 Ultra and seems to be a totally different experience after a few weeks of use.

There is no doubt in my mind that the S22 Ultra was plagued with signal and call drop problems. 

Members_3xVhKUM
Student
Options

I think your problem could be related to the rear camera protector, do you have one? if yes, try removing it and listen to a song again. I had this issue as well

0 Likes
Members_3xVhKUM
Student
Options

Such an expensive phone and many people with the same problem! and Samsung doesnt care!

I bought my phone in Dubai, shame I cannot send back now, I live in the UK and Samsung UK tells me to deal with S. Dubai

0 Likes