Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Scrolling problem

(Topic created on: 19-07-2022 09:53 PM)
XionoMiaou
Student
Options

I have recently received my s22 ultra with exynos. My biggest problem of all is scrolling through different applications. It's not fluid and I can't realize why. It's like lagging somehow. I don't know if it's an exynos-related problem or a problem of OneUI

YouTube, Twitter, Chrome, Google news and so many more face the same problem.

Samsung needs to fix this in the next update. I don't know why is happening but samsung engineers need to give special attention towards scrolling. It really spoils the entire phones integrity.

14 REPLIES 14
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try changing processing speed to maximum. Under battery /more battery settings 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @XionoMiaou 

My Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb is an Exynos variant too but I'm not seeing the amount of issues you are.

The only app I'm now seeing a bit of scrolling stutter is with Twitter which is a conundrum as I haven't in the early days of ownership of the phone. 

Might be worth sending feedback to Samsung via your Samsung Members App and to the app developers too.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The twitter scrolling will improve after a while. May take 2-3 days.
Not the best.
Samuraix1
Journeyman
Options

Twitter lags on Samsung high-end devises (s20,s21,s22) have been reported since long time ago (at least a year).

I have two s20's and they both lag on Twitter.

XionoMiaou
Student
Options

Hi everybody, the only solution that is working on my S22 Ultra is to see the Mothion Smoothness to Standard (instead of Adaptive that is 120Hz). In 60 Hz there is no serious scrolling shuttering issue. 

However this is not a solution. I feel Samsung need to fix that bug ride away. By the way I have had that scrolling shuttering bug in  other applications as well e.g. YouTube.. even in this forum by browsing the threads.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Another interim solution is to access Twitter via your url browser as I find this provides more fluid acrolling than the app which is a shame.

Hopefully sending feedback to Samsung via your Samsung Members App will keep highlighting such issues.

I've sent mine.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Samuraix1
Journeyman
Options

Interim solution is here for over a year. By the time someone fix it I will buy a new iPhone. 

Look, even this forum can't play a 20 second samsung screen recording to show the issue.. 

Samsung didn't even fix the two year old HEIF issue, so I don't expect this to be solved as well, you will need a different smartphone to fix this Twitter lag..

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/suggestions/fix-heif-images-being-rotated-sideways/m-p/2286807#M...

Members_y9QbeLZ
First Poster
Options

I experience the same issue some aps are buttery smooth while others like twitter are just stuttering its unbelievable to me that samsung cant get this sorted after so many updates oneplus for example is buttery smooth for example hope samsung fixes this asap!

0 Likes
cyber_vegan
Apprentice
Options

It didn't help, unfortunately

0 Likes