Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Screen Randomly Turns Off / Goes Black

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 11:51 AM)
ZeroMagnitude
Journeyman
Options
When using the Chrome app or certain apps the phone screen randomly goes black while scrolling or just turns off and goes to the lock screen.

When using the Crypto.com app the screen would go black and when I would access it again the phone would restart.

Anyone else having this issue?
94 REPLIES 94
Toms771
First Poster
Options
Yes, having this issue too. Happened a few times now
MickeyMoo
Journeyman
Options
Mine did that yesterday when I took out the S-Pen on the lock screen. Screen went black with a white dot in the bottom left hand corner
N7Revan89
Journeyman
Options
Happened to me too when using Google chrome just random black screen, had to lock and unlock the screen to get it back
degsyh
Journeyman
Options
Yep happened to me on a couple of occasions as well. I've also got the display glitch as mentioned elsewhere. You can briefly see it when unlocking the screen on the moving wallpaper. Also just come off the phone and the screen stayed black and I couldn't end the call.. not too impressed so far!
hassenb
First Poster
Options
Got the same issue with black screen when I use chrome and another thing when I try to enter crypto.com app doesn't work and locks my screen evrytime I try to press on the app !
ZeroMagnitude
Journeyman
Options
I'm gonna go on a limb here and assume you copied your apps from your previous phone? Try uninstalling Crypto.com through the App Store and redownload it. Don't click on the app; touching the app will crash the phone like usual.
Members_r5JkIRc
First Poster
Options

Same problem on my s22 ultra the screen blacks out when scrolling in chrome browser when holding the phone in portrait rotating the phone to landscape stops it happening as long as its in landscape soon as you turn phone back to portait starts blacking out again when scrolling.

DC46
Student
Options

I have the same issue with crypto.com app or just flipping back and forth on the home screen. Either locks up the phone or sends me back to lock screen. 

Naome
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same issue. Screen randomly goes black whilst scrolling and active