Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra restarted unexpectedly

(Topic created on: 14-12-2022 09:07 AM)
Beta22
Voyager
Options
Hi folks, my device restarted unexpectedly earlier today. This was out of the blue without any interaction. 

First I thought that this was part of the new Auto Optimisation feature but when it restarted there was an error message related to Samsung Wallet that had auto-generated error logs. 

Tapping on the button to submit the auto-generated error report resulted in opening my email app. As there was no address to send the report to I closed my email app but now cannot the errror report. 

I have raised a case with Samsung support but was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the logs for Samsung Wallet as this might be useful for support to look at 🤔 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
keith30
Maestro
Options
Sounds like you may have a bug in the Samsung Wallet and your device shunt down cos of it. If you go into settings and look in device care where you find the four lines next to the search button and the three dots, if you look in the four lines section it will tell you if any of your apps are crashing or have malware in it etc and how many times.
Try to uninstall the Samsung wallet app and reinstall it and monitor it to see if it reoccurs.
Beta22
Voyager
Options

Thanks @keith30 - I had already checked the App Issue history, and there are no entries for Samsung Wallet since 2nd November, which is as far back as the history goes. Thanks for taking time to respond though. Much appreciated!

I'll just wait Samsung support to respond to the case I raised. They may provide steps to retrieve additional logs if they require them.

0 Likes
Beta22
Voyager
Options
Update: Today I noticed that there was a new version of Samsung Wallet hidden within the Menu section of the app itself.

I had checked the Galaxy Store updates page earlier and it was not listed. I am hoping this update quietly fixes my issue 🤞
0 Likes
Members_eboB8ZO
Explorer
Options

... Did it? ☺ 

Beta22
Voyager
Options
Sorry, forgot to add an update. No, the last update did not resolve the issue as it happened again a week later.

Samsung support did acknowledge that it was a known issue that will be resolved in the next update.
Members_eboB8ZO
Explorer
Options

Thanks for update. I've read a LOT of these threads and yours is the only time that I can see that Samsung have acknowledged the problem.

Beta22
Voyager
Options
It does sound like an issue that has affected a number of users. Hopefully, this has been fixed in the December patch. I personally have not had another occurrence but it's not possible to tell as Sammy do not publish a full list of fixes/changes that are included. The only exception seems to be for major Android or OneUI versions.
0 Likes