Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra - Removing White Marks

(Topic created on: 01-11-2022 11:04 PM)
malifact
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I have owned my Samsung S22 Ultra for just over a month and there are some small white marks like paint chips which have appeared on the top of the phone on one of the corners and along the top ridge. I have done some research and this seems to be a problem that has affected other customers with the paint "peeling off". I have never dropped the phone and it is always in a case.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can cover remove these white marks or at least cover them up somehow? I contacted my local Samsung store, but they responded it is not something they can help with. Thank you.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Could you post a image? 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I have heard of instances as to where debris has managed to get into the underside of the case and then rubbed against the phone @malifact 

As you wouldn't be able to rectify these marks yourself and jf there bothering you even with a case on I would suggest to take the phone to a Samsung Service Centre if your wanting them assessed.

It maybe an instance of continuing to use a phone to hide the marks.

Personally i have a dbrand Black Dragon skin on the back of my phone to help stop marks , abrasion occuring.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
malifact
Journeyman
Options

I do not have a camera other than my phone, but the marks look just like the ones in this thread, except they are on the top ridge and the corner of the top:

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/s22-ultra-paint-starts-chipping/td-p/16582736

I can see that other people have had the same issue, but I was wondering whether there is a way to at least cover the marks up.

0 Likes
jpd80
Navigator
Options
Mine the same I have a case, screen protector and d-brand skin on the rear mine is on the front bezel right under the space bar as I type so can always see it. It's never been dropped and had the above stuff of from the min it was opened . Its really annoying as it's like a shining line at the bottom
0 Likes