Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra (Recording & Playback) Video Issues Jerky / Stutter / Unshareable

(Topic created on: 03-08-2022 10:53 PM)
CallMePickyBut
Apprentice
Options

Ok, had the new phone exactly a month. Video function is awful. Read other comments here and in reviews elsewhere, seems Galaxy S22 is very buggy - especially for display and camera functions. "I am VERY disappointed" (Gary Oldman style). How can it be so bad on such a good "Flagship" handset? What are Samsung playing at?

Tried different settings, then post-production uploading to laptop and applying filters in Shotcut, and even bought a DJI Gimbal stick... No improvements. The videos are still unusable (*****). Major major inconvenience as I use videos to document each art exhibition we host - changing every fortnight or so - and upload to various SM platforms.

Samsung please sort this out ASAP - for me and for many many other users it seems - seriously hope it's possible via a software update...

17 REPLIES 17
ChrisHerl
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my s22 Ultra, recording with the camera app it it now slightly choopy when panning. Adjustet Fps cleared data and cache HDR10+ off with no luck.  I tried it in filmic pro and there it is even worse. The zhiyun smooth 5 and app that comes with that is also choppy.  The only reason i bought a new phone and the s22 was to use it with filming and now i am starting to regret it. Using Exynos version.  Samsung get it fixed please, the phone cost a lot of money and should work as promised !! I have the latest update June. 

N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
Samsung needs to ditch Exynos they themselves have snapdragon for South korea Market here in UK and e.u we get trash Exynos only last month I imported Note 20 Ultra 5G snapdragon from Singapore my goodness the difference is night and day compared to trash Exynos snapdragon I'm taking a huge risk if I need a warranty claim hopefully I should be okay but if I do face issues I'll be moving over to Sony only thing about Sony they don't offer dex like Samsung does hence why I'm sticking with Samsung even though I'm taking risks by importing one in Samsung sort yourselves out
CallMePickyBut
Apprentice
Options

Seems the only solution - Samsung admit you have made a big mistake - recall all Exynos S22 Ultra handsets and replace with Snapdragon version ASAP as only way to retain all UK / European users...

paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

I have the same problem. It looks like every few seconds the phone is skipping some frames. I mostly record in 4k 60 and 30. The issue appears with both settings. Also 8k is a total mess it looks horrible stuttery. I hope it is fixable with a software update. I still have the may patch you said you have the june patch, did you also received the second june patch. Let me know if this software version brought us some improvements

shekam
First Poster
Options
No good phone not good customer service I call them 100 time they no solve the phone problem how they every month make the fake brand
Aleksandr3
First Poster
Options

S22+ same issues here with recording. Video gets choppy when panning or after zoom in. It's incredibly frustrating, because I updated my old S20Ultra to this one due to camera issues... 

Members_QzxogMt
First Poster
Options

I have the same issues on my S22 Ultra. Constant stuttering in almost every app. Exynos version....

Real disappointment for that amount of money

IsoDave
Student
Options

I did too! I wrongly assumed that the issues with the s20 ultra had been fixed. How wrong was I

IsoDave
Student
Options

I tried to get a video off my sons first steps last night. Whipped out the S22 ultra, turned on video and started recording. The first 3 seconds of him walking just skip due to video stuttering. So frustrating on a flagship product.