Pathfinder
Options

Any news regarding the issue ?

Galaxy S22 256GB (SM-S901B/DS), aktuálně na S901BXXU6CWH5
0 Likes
skejpa
Pathfinder
Options

I have recorded the thing when it occured. This time with Sygic (so its not app related). It was working OK for like 15 minutes and then it occured...

https://youtube.com/shorts/sWmFvxcgSYI?feature=share

Galaxy S22 256GB (SM-S901B/DS), aktuálně na S901BXXU6CWH5
0 Likes
tamnof
Explorer
Options

I must tell you what are my findings related to S22 Ultra and GPS.

I had S8 Plus, S 10 Note 5G, and now I have S22 U. The first two mentioned models did not cause me any problems regarding GPS. The S22 U apparently lost the GPS signal. After 3 months, a friend of mine with the same device - S22 U, was seatting with me in the car. I had bothe my S10 Not and my s22 U. I showed him that I can navigate easilly with the S10 note but the S22 losses its GPS signal. I did the navigation each time by putting the phone in the car's phone holder,  which is also a wireless charger. My friend showed me, holding the phone in his hand, that he has not got any GPS issues in his S22 U. Then, he inserted his phone to my car's phone holder and  BOOMMMM - the phone , this time his phone, lost the GPS signal.
I replaced the phone holder with one without wireless charging and suddenly, there are no GPS problems.

0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

Not surprised to notice interference. Wireless charge can really interfere. I never tried it like this before, but i am not surprised. 

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes
tamnof
Explorer
Options

@Krisalex79 I hope this time you "Actually believe me" 😉.

0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

Cheers, lets have a beer. 

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes
Haapavuo
First Poster
Options

Seems like Samsung needs to get it together!!

0 Likes
Members_OAAKQ6Q
Journeyman
Options

I am still having A-GPS (GSM mobile network) and/or GPS issues 5 months on. I find that my Google Maps Timeline omits huge parts of my journeys, that the Google Location Sharing feature updates my real time location much less frequently and is much less accurate and that the phone has great difficulties saving the GPS coordinates to my photos 100% of the time while on a mobile network. I have never experienced this with any other phone that I’ve owned previously (Pixel 3 XL / Pixel 4 XL / Samsung S10e). I’ve been in contact with Samsung Members and they said that they don’t know how Google Maps is programmed so they are unable to offer assistance (but that still doesn’t explain why it is hit and miss when saving GPS coordinates to photos. Surely the Samsung Camera and Gallery apps don’t reply on Google Maps for this data?). The only temporary fix that I’ve found so far is to toggle the flight mode each and every time before I leave home. Surely if the flight mode helps to relieve the issues temporarily then this is unlikely to be a hardware issue? Has anybody else experienced this also? Thank you to anyone in advance.

Roday
First Poster
Options

The issue is not just with Google Maps. I used a GPS Test app and that fails to lock onto a single satellite until I restart. So Samsung do need to look into this but they won't.

0 Likes