Journeyman
Options
No GPS signal,
but my Note 9 had no problems!
633 REPLIES 633
saturn3000
Pathfinder
Options

After 48 hours from the S908BXXU1AVCJ update, the GPS continues to work, moreover, the consumption at night in airplane mode has gone from 10-11% to 2-3%.

AB2662
Journeyman
Options
Well 48Hrs after the update things seem to have sorted themselves out no gps cut out or problems with intermittent Bluetooth disconnection or dramatic battery drain.
Just have to hope it stays that way.
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

I had a longer than usual chat with the manager of my local Samsung store. Basically it  was kind and polite talk, discussing the issue, he offered a device replacement, under warranty services, and of what we spoke about, we both believe all of these issues are because of the new 4mn architecture of the x2 core, and and it is a matter of time to optimize it fully. Also lets calm down, We rushed samsung and they were forced. they rushed phones fast to make us happy and used their most stable and reliable beta. As paying customers, we must to report issues, and we must demand solutions and we must make firm stand to fix our phones, because we re paying customers and they have this obligation to us as paying customers, but lets not rush them beyond reason to prevent another untested release under pressure. 

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
BiffaZ
Journeyman
Options

No one forced them, people paid a lot of money for a device and the least they could expect was that all the advertised features worked. GPS not working is a big problem for some people its their livelihood that can be affected, for others it just should work, period. I think you are being overly sympathetic to a massive corporation that makes billions every year. 

Fact is now its a moot point, it was a software issue and its been fixed. But its still shameful that it was released like that, along with the other problems people have experienced.

Sol Sky
Journeyman
Options

So far GPS is working 3 days for me. This issue seems to be resolved.

Samsung S22 series is like a recent Cyberpunk 2077 game release. The product quality was so terrible, that Sony even removed it from its digital store for almost a year to fix bugs. Same here:
- Product quality level is LOW.
- Snapdragon and Exynos versions ARE NOT EQUAL, Exynos is NOT a flagship chip, midrange - no doubt.
- Audio playback glitches when switching tasks ARE STILL PRESENT
- UI stuttering (low FPS mode for some time for some reason - can happen anytime)
- Terrible 3D perfomance in games comparing to Snapdragon version is still here. I need to say, I almost dont play at phone (I have PC and PS5 for that) but I DONT like that for a same money, other world region is getting much better and quality product.
- AND... Exynos version camera does not have proper video stabilization. Just check here: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T94WZJhz0iU As a phone buyer - Im mad now.

Well, people usually have to learn on their mistakes - here its simple - keep away from Exynos chips everywhere.

0 Likes
Maarten_1978
First Poster
Options

I discovered the same problem while trying to keep my bikeride with healt. My S3 frontier watch didn't keep a GPS connection. As soon as I disconnected the watch, the watch dit connect to GPS.

Then I tried Samsung Health on my S22 Ultra, it did not connect to GPS as well, while Maps and Sygic did work so it isn't the GPS sensor itself you would say.

As soon as I reboot the phone it works all like it should also on the watch, but the next morning same problem again.

As we speak I'm downloading the latest update, I sincerely hope this works.

0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

Hello, the April Update fixes several issues, including GPS issue

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Partly. My GPS is working but unreliable. It's rarely find the right direction where the phone is aiming. Sometimes it shows me up 1-2 or streets away.

0 Likes
tamnof
Explorer
Options

Nor the March 19th neither the April 4th updates resolved the problem. Samsung should take responsibility and do one of the two alternatives: 

1. Announce that it will fix the problem and send a firmware update within 15 days.

or

2. Replace the Equinox-based devices within 30 days.

0 Likes
tamnof
Explorer
Options

What is the ID of the update that fixed your device?

I have installed an update yesterday (April 4th 2022) and it did not fix it.

0 Likes