Journeyman
Options
No GPS signal,
but my Note 9 had no problems!
633 REPLIES 633
asgourakis
Apprentice
Options

Have the same problem with my A52S 5G. Reboot temporarily fixes it. Factory reset didn't work 😞

0 Likes
Members_L2B8hRm
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues.  after a couple of hours GPS becomes unavailable so have to reboot.  Then it works.  Next time I use an app that needs GPS, it's unavailable again and another reboot..  It's getting really annoying now!!  Tried samsung chat but t replicate the issue, they would need to wait a couple of hours until the GPS went down again!  as far as they were concerned, the GPS was working (I had just rebooted! 🙄)  Told me I could contact Samsung shop (bought direct) to discus a replacement unit but cant for the life of me find anyway of contacting them to sort!!

Looks to me like the GPS module is going to sleep and then wont wake up again when polled!  either that or the GPS module is FUBAR..  either way, right now the device isn't fit for purpose!

0 Likes
SoNic67
Student
Options

I had some intermitted "GPS signal lost" while driving with my S22+ too.
It came back by itself... but is the first phone that does that. My previous S9, S10, S20, S21+ never did that.

0 Likes
Sol122
Journeyman
Options
I've had s22 ultra now for about two weeks and still google maps doing my heading,it says searching for gps,what the hell is going on,samsung sort it out please.
0 Likes
Members_sh6Rfv0
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my Galaxy S22 ultra. I am so reliant on my phone for Google maps and it just isn't working!!!

0 Likes
Ty2022
Navigator
Options
I had this issue as well as a few others,did you use smart switch,I did,so decided to do a factory reset,no backups,just installed Google apps and my gps and maps has been working perfectly since,may not be the solution for everyone but it worked for me👍
Sol122
Journeyman
Options
Factory reset is the only thing i haven done so far,i tried everything else,what do you mean smart switch?
0 Likes
Babychan
Pioneer
Options
Someone over in reddit said they solved the issue by removing Google maps from auto and deep sleep and set permissions to always allow for gps
0 Likes
Ty2022
Navigator
Options
if you transferred all your data from your old phone,apps,pics,contacts etc
0 Likes
Sol122
Journeyman
Options
I already done that 3 times still nothing
0 Likes