Journeyman
Options
No GPS signal,
but my Note 9 had no problems!
633 REPLIES 633
AntonioMerretti
Pioneer
Options

My 4 days of working GPS has come to an end this morning. Had to restart phone. I didn't do anything different yesterday other than add a bixby routine.

Come on Samsung!!! We want answers! 

0 Likes
Members_wyxRXUk
First Poster
Options

Nothing is helping fix my GPS, it's terrible.. and i need it for work.  Come on Samsung... fix it!  

0 Likes
Sol Sky
Journeyman
Options

This thread is 4 weeks now. March update have not adressed the issue. Well, i have decided to wait for  April update. If GPS issue is still here - i switch back to my Note10+ and sell S22U

Note10+ was a superior, premium class device.
S22U.... 50% of the phone. Wifi+ GPS- 3g/4g+ Bluetooth -
also add - NOT WORKING stabilization for the video (see GoldenReviewer at youtube)
and terrible exynos2200 comparing to Snapdragon.

I dont know, its there a sense to wait even...

0 Likes
Antoneeo
Explorer
Options

My Galaxy S22 Ultra has serious problems with GPS. I tried several GPS test apps and all of them do not show satellites. After rebooting the phone it works for some time but suddenly it stops working again. We need to know if Samsung is working on this! On Samsung Italy we have already calimed this issue. I think all have the problem. 
Can you please install GPS Test and check if your s22 Ultra can see the satellites? I would like to know if it can be an HW problem ... in this case I would return it!

0 Likes
Sol Sky
Journeyman
Options

GPS test is a very good free APP to check, if the GPS work or not.
Its shows 0 (ZERO!) sattellite visible

0 Likes
UltraUk
Journeyman
Options

Any news on this issue...samsung must be aware by now but support deny it. Very annoying. 

0 Likes
igna2
Journeyman
Options

I noticed I also had issues with the S-Pen having trouble connecting sometimes, so I set it to be always connected "Keep S Pen connected", and both issues seems to have gone. 

The S-Pen is not losing connection AND the GPS is still working after 4 days with no restarts. It could be a coincidence but if anyone else can try and report back maybe there is something here...

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

I've merged a couple of threads on this one.

Latest I've heard from the Samsung side of things is that a software fix is being prepared to resolve the GPS issue. We've not been give a timescale for that (other than "soon"), but please keep a look out for upcoming software updates. 

ArtemRU
Apprentice
Options

I did like you wrote several minutes ago - GPS starts to work

0 Likes
Sol Sky
Journeyman
Options

Checking S-pen "always on" option too.
not bad if it will bring GPS back to life. But for the cost of battery life, which is not so good already? eh?

0 Likes