Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra poor audio quality

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 06:36 PM)
MickeyMoo
Journeyman
Options
Hi everyone, had my new S22 Ultra 512g now for a couple of days.  Very impressed indeed but I am really concerned about the audio quality.  With or without Dolby Atmos the audio is so tinny and weak, just no depth to it at all and pretty much zero base. Not what I expected from a flagship phone.  Quite embarrassing to be honest.  Any advice? 
192 REPLIES 192
MickeyMoo
Journeyman
Options
If Samsung say the audio quality is a characteristic of the phone then they can have it back. No way will I keep it, its shocking audio quality!!
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @MickeyMoo   Have you ran the interactive checks in Samsung Members?  can obviously send an error report if nothing identified.  Whilst noticed some saying sound is fine on their device there was one Us reviewer who thought the Sound was lower than S21 Ultra.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

MickeyMoo
Journeyman
Options
Hi @JAMES4578. Not as yet, guessing I need to do that interactive check. Must admit, I was listening to the audio whilst the nipper was next to me playing music of her Iphone12 pro max so that may have been why my S22U sounded pants. Not a fan of Iphone but the audio quality made my S22U sound like 99pence mono speaker from the pound shop.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
No audio quality issues on my unit, sounds pretty much the same as my s21 ultra and s20 ultra before, that is to say very high quality.
MickeyMoo
Journeyman
Options
Guess we all have different opinions on the audio quality. I suspect my device is faulty so based on #Joeeye comment, I will send the phone back and revert to my old device.
0 Likes
Bill63
Explorer
Options

Still waiting on mine but I think the 22 Ultra supports aptx HD and LDAC I believe.

0 Likes
BrainDr
Student
Options

I'm having the same problems here - the phone is noticeably quieter than my Note 10+. Huge differences. I have adjusted the settings, and it still is too quiet compared to my NOTE 10+. 

Dillon
First Poster
Options

Hey @MickeyMoo i have had my s22 ultra for now a couple days. Yes i agree the audio on my phone is terrible sounds either like the speaker is broken or has absolutly no base or using a very poor quality speaker. This is coming from owning a galaxy s9 for the last 3 years and those speakers are now busted and the sound is better out of my s9 looool. Totally a joke to be honest spent 1800 dollars on a phone that cant even sound better then my 3 year old phone. Kinda a bit a waste of money seeing how i watch videos consistently on my phone and most of the time without headphones so i would like good quality sound.

dkbose
Student
Options

just to add my issue with the audio, its not weak, but instead its crackling, even when the volume is not too high.