Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Official Samsung Screen Protector

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 12:26 PM)
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have been using various screen protectors on my S22 Ultra, with various results.
One of the best ones I used was the Tauri screen protector. 

Only thing I found after a while, it seems to move about a little bit on the screen. And seems to shrink slightly. 

So with my Samsung Rewards Points I'd use some to buy this screen protector. 

It's a plastic film type protector which is what I like on my curved screen phones. I'm not a fan of the glass protectors on screens like this.

In the kit you get two protectors, installation tool, spreader, cleaning cloth and dust removal stickers.

First thing I do is clean the screen, and as you don't get any wet wipes, make sure I get it as clean as I can. 

Next thing is to remove the film on the sticky strip and place the phone into the installation tool. 

Next remove number one strip from the protector and place the location holes on to the installation tool location pegs.
Using the dust removal stickers to take any dust particles away. 

Smooth down the exposed area with the spreader to remove any air bubbles. 

Then using the spreader to remove another piece and gently smooth out the protector. 

Same with the bottom section. 

I then remove the top film and using the spreader to gently smooth over the edges to make sure its all stuck down. 

At the end, you will hopefully be left with a perfect installation.

It's a smooth finish on the protector and the S Pen works without leaving marks on it.
Most cases should fit well as there's plenty of space on the edges to help stop interference. 

As you can see with the Samsung Leather case installed. 

Touch response is excellent and fingerprint sensor works perfectly. I didn't need to re register my fingerprints even. 

Definitely so far worth getting if you don't want a glass protector
8 REPLIES 8
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It is a good protector, not as good as factory applied one but comes very close. It's been one for few months and still looking well. I borked first install by not applying mid bit correctly but then second one was a success. 

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah for the Eagle eyed out there will notice the camera cut out is not quite central.
But I will pop the other one on.
Not easy trying to install a get photos at the same time 😂
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Do we really need a screen protector on the Samsung galaxy S , series.
I thought these phones had toughened glass
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Glass in whatever form is just Glass.
My Note 20 Ultra even had a screen protector on it and got broken.
You only need a bit of sand or grit to scratch it as I know only too well.
So for me a screen protector is just something that helps to protect from what's a very expensive repair should the screen need replacing.
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

In addition to potentially some scratches my main concern with just glass is that I would wear off oleophobic coating keeping the phone in my pocket, majority of the time. And when that coating is gone then.... 

leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for that
0 Likes
lizz-Lou
Explorer
Options
Looks brilliant
0 Likes
lizz-Lou
Explorer