Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra not working with android auto

(Topic created on: 02-10-2022 09:11 PM)
nicolasmx5
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a brand New VW Caddy with Android Auto (with cable) and a samsung s22 ultra. When I plug the s22 in it will charge but sais that it can not connect with Android Auto. I also have an older s9 and a s22 and a Huawei that works perfectly fine in the car. Why not that verry expertise s22? Tried everything I found on the net. Upgrading, downgrading Android Auto, cables, phone is updated, resetted the car stereo, ... Will not work... no help from helpdesk Samsung, no help from VW. It would be nice that someone has a soluution. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately I haven't a solution for you but may I suggest to conduct a forum search as there has been threads with posts inside that may hold some troubleshooting that may help @nicolasmx5 

Sending feedback via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section if you haven't already can hopefully help.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Apologies if you've done all this already... When plugged in, is the usb connection type set to data transfer and not 'charge only'

And on your phone in advanced settings check all the android auto options are what you want, things like start android auto automatically, add new car, start when locked etc are options to try...

Not sure what the problem could be....Screenshot_20221003-075631_Android Auto.jpg
0 Likes
nicolasmx5
Explorer
Options

Thanks GusB, done that indeed as I checked it on my onder phone. Hope an update will fix it one day...

0 Likes
caddy1610
First Poster
Options
I am also having this issue, worked fine until I had a new phone. Did you manage to resolve this.
0 Likes
RES84
First Poster
Options

Hey Guys any update about this problem?

0 Likes
caddy1610
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue
0 Likes
pilot09
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue, s20 worked fine
0 Likes
Members_XWfyAqv
First Poster
Options

hi,

I have found the answer to this issue

first, get to the developer options on the phone, get to the USB setting for choosing the type of connection, and change to transfer of files.

and then connect, it will connect to the android auto . also, if google maps does not  work or says,app not supported disconnect and reconnect the cable this will bring up maps on display and will work correctly

0 Likes
tonyfromdeal
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue when I tried to connect my 2019 Suzuki S Cross. Phone charges but will not connect Android auto....
0 Likes