Did you mean: 

S22 ultra moisture detected

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 08:55 AM)
GolDRoger
Apprentice
Options
Hi all,
Pretty desperate here.
After the second last update I've been experiencing some issues that I hoped the latest update would correct, but still facing problems.

1- main issue is that the phone detects moisture. It has not been exposed to either moisture or liquid. It's been 6 days now that I have to charge the phone wirelessly. 
2- phone gets stuck during phone calls and I have to reboot

I contacted samsung and did what they suggested, but nothing works.

The last update (24/11) seemed like it was working but after some ours the moisture detection came on again.

Anyone experiencing this?
How may I solve the problem?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Usually a ghost moisture detected pop up disappears after a few minutes.

As this isn't going away @GolDRoger I'd suggest visiting a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store for them to have hands on.

In some regions a Samsung Doorstep Repair Service is available 

Other than that you can send the phone to Samsung 

Unfortunately water damage isn't covered under the manufacturers so be sure there is no chance of this.

And also use a torch to check there is no foreign debris inside the usb-c port.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GolDRoger
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for this! I'll check and then proceed as suggested... nothing much I can do unfortunately
0 Likes
Members_4RMhquZ
First Poster
Options

Hi,

The same problem for me after a software update, I tried some procedures without good results. I also finally formatted, solving partially (sometimes happens again). Hoping for a patch in the future.

IMHO Samsung should prioritize this bug due to the high cost of the device

satm
First Poster
Options
What irritating issue samsung phone has 😬
DannyT
Options

Check out this guide for more help with this: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-device-displays-a-water-drop-icon-and-will-not-...

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
DuncanS
Student
Options
On my 4th S10 due ti this issue, it has to be a fault, my daughters S21 has also experienced this. No exposure to water, no debris, is there a way to prevent? Daughter was charged within warranty which for a common product fault is scandalous to be fair. Is it a sensor issue?
theoracle
Pathfinder
Options
I've just started having this happen to me. Had it before on a note 9. Most likely caused by one of the apps or app updates on the phone. Mine happened after updating apps through the play store.
0 Likes
Caco87
First Poster
Options

Well my s22 ultra is going bonkers with the whole moisture detected thing. My phone has been in an otter box case its whole life, charging port is always capped when not in use. I still have the original plastic on the phone. Needless to say, there is absolutely no debris nor "moisture" in my port yet every time I plug my phone in to charge I get the warning. This is not ok. Clearly this is a common issue that Samsung just doesn't care to fix. 

0 Likes
GolDRoger
Apprentice
Options
Mate, this is getting frustrating. It seemed like the issue was solved, but it has come back after 3 months and now I've been with this moisture detected for 4 days. Like you, always in the case, no water around it at all and no debris.
0 Likes