Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra keeps restarting

(Topic created on: 22-04-2022 11:04 PM)
ugniuz
Apprentice
Options

Hello everyone, so two days ago I got my S22 ultra and first thing I noticed after using it for like 1 hour that it restarted. Didn't mind it and kept using it, but later that day it restarted few more times and it made me look for the answers online. Saw that many people has the same problem, but I never found the solution to this problem. It's triggering me and I can't keep using this device like this. I did not transfer any data using SmartSwitch, tried factory resetting, clearing cache, auto restart is off and nothing seems to help. Whenever I'm using any app, after some time weird lines occur and phone restarts. Software is up to date. Please, someone help me:/

Screenshot_20220423-005941_Software update.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Could you please check the following settings on ur phone. Please go to ur settings and click on battery and device care. On the right hand side you will come across 3 dots. Could you please click into that and go to automation and see if ur auto restart and set time is turned off? If its turned on that's the reason for ur restart. Hope this helps
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ugniuz 

I would suggest to put the phone into Safe Mode to see if wn app , theme or if you use Goodlock is causing this.

If this continues in Safe Mode then I'd suggest to ask the source who supplied the phone to swap it out for a replacement.

Safe Mode Instructions  >

Https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ugniuz
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

just checked it, its off 😕

0 Likes
ugniuz
Apprentice
Options

Hey, so I went into safe mode, and it took about 2 minutes for it to restart after I started taking pictures and scrolling thru random apps. At this point I don't know what to do:/

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If the issues haven't stopped in Safe Mode and all the other troubleshooting tips haven't helped then please seek assistance from a Samsung Service Centre @ugniuz 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
On the members app at the bottom please click on get help and do diagnostic test to see if ur phone is faulty.
0 Likes
ugniuz
Apprentice
Options

did it, nothing seems to be the problem

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Please visit a Samsung store and have ur phone checked by a Samsung engineer
0 Likes
Members_ki1a0Mq
First Poster
Options

Same Problem here in Ireland, I returned my phone to a Vodafone Store, they have sent it to a 3rd party for a repair, now the sad story is that his 3rd party is waiting for some parts, for my brand new phone, I escalated to Vodafone and told them that I won't settle for a brand new phone ( repaired ) they agreed with me that after it will be fixed I can send it back to Vodafone and then they will send me a new one when it is back in stock!! The problem though is the following, it is going to take a long time to be fixed because apparently Samsung are short of parts and they are using all parts to produce new phones.

Let's just say that I have another month without a phone until I get my original back and send it back and then hopefully start the process again to get a new one, now of course I can stay with my fixed phone whenever it comes back but do I really want to do that after paying all that money, the other option is to go for a new phone and hope that it is not FAULTY!

Send it back but be prepared to wait.