Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s22 ultra isn't fast charging after the latest update.

(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 12:37 AM)
Abdullah89
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone, my s22 ultra isn't fast charging after the latest update. When i connect charger to phone it shows fast charging for 2-3 seconds. Afterthat it shows cable charging. What to do now??
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Abdullah89 

It seems that Samsung has changed the wording in the notification when charging.

Yes when first plugging in it says ' Fast Charging ' or ' Superfast Charging ',  and then quickly switches to say ' Charging. '

But if you go into Settings and Device Care and look at the Battery Section it says it's still ' Fast Charging '  or ' Superfast Charging. '

I can see how this can cause some concern / confusion. 

I'll send some feedback via my Samsung Members App.

Maybe you could too along with anyone coming across this thread after experiencing similar issues with this which would lend weight for asking Samsung to change how the wording when charging shows.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

moe300
First Poster
Options

This is happening to me as well.  The phone is absolutely not fast charging.  It is charging at 383 ma which is regular wireless charging not fast wireless charging.  The update must have broken wfc completely.

Abdullah89
Apprentice
Options
Hi BandofBrothers thanks for your reply. I got you what you tried to explain but my phone is actually taking very long time to get charged. Do you know what i can do on this?
Jm0126
First Poster
Options

Hi Bro, same issue with the super fast charging notification. SAMSUNG PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE. Thank you so much!

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Make sure you're using correct cables and charging block, I found a while back that mine phone was charging properly, turn out I mixed my cable around so start there, it maybe something simple
Casey961
First Poster
Options

Ya this is also happening to me after the recent update and I don't think it's the cable or block because I'm using all the same that I was using before the update so yes plz samsung fix this even with og super fast charger block it still doesn't charge as fast as it used to 

Masaroth41
Student
Options

S22 ultra, I am having the same issue, was challenging to isolate at first. Ever since one UI 5.0. I have tried several Samsung fast chargers & same charging speed. I ran a timer through my 45 watt Samsung SFC & over 2 hours to charge. When i plug the same cable, same charger into my tab s7 or the note 20 ultra - no problems. pre-update, the 45 watt SFC would charge the device in just over an hour. Frustrating is an understatement! 

Masaroth41
Student
Options

It's not a cable issue (As long as you are using 5amp) I have several 5amp cables & sfc's - definitely a software issue. 

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am having no issues what so ever and as @BandOfBrothers said the Superfast or fast charging sign disappears after a few seconds but I am getting the same and correct charging speeds