Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Internatioanl Travel

(Topic created on: 01-07-2022 08:53 PM)
Lifelong Galexy
First Poster
Options

Ok, So my wife traveled to Jamaica recently, she did not use her Verizon phone service while there, however she did use whatsapp to contact me and other family via DIGICEL wifi network while there. No other setting were changed besides regestering to use WIFI in JAMAICA. 

When she returned to the US, her service was spotty @ best with Very little Data stream, dropped calls and data service which was worst than DSL back in 1990.  ( 3.1mb up/ 1.1mb Down) Verizon Tec support reset her newtowk service and verified her settings, unfortunately this did not restore her serive to tip top shape. they suggested we visit a verizon store and replace the sim card with a new one. This DID NOT fix the issue.

We did a full restart, cleard the cache by holding the power and volume down button. This did not fix the issue. We checked the roaming, reset network setting ect. This did not work.

Last resort was to perform a HOT PERSUIT. 

I placed her sim card in my phone and Wvalla? Perfect service.

This leads me to believe the PHONE may be stuck in some sort of limp mode, or the software update may have been currupted, co-incidentially 2 days before she departed, there was a software update on Tuesday JUN 14th.

Can ANY ONE provide details on how to mitigate this issue?

Thanks for any help .

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try clearing phone cache 

0 Likes
Kriddle
First Poster
Options
Wifi calling might be on