Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S22 Ultra Higher Capacity Battery?

(Topic created on: 08-12-2023 11:09 AM)
Kdifius
Pioneer
Options
Hello Community,

I successfully opened up my S22 Ultra's back cover in order to gain access to the battery, it was nowhere near as hard as many made it.

However, I have a problem now the S22 Ultra battery is extremely rubbish, I want to put in a 6,000 to 7,000 mah battery. 

However I can't find any batteries, that have the battery connector on the same side of the phone.

This is really ridiculous, this is a £1,000 plus phone and I'm hampered by the battery and I can't find any high capacity replacement.

What should I do now? By the way all functions of the phone operate normally! 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
MKS22Ultra
Navigator
Options
Battery backup had always been a problem with Samsung. Not sure if any other brand battery would fit in there but they're is an option to extend battery life in Samsung. Put all the apps to deep sleep and keep only 4-5 apps that you regularly use and need to be running in background. I do the same and get really good battery backup. It is the background apps that eat up your battery.
0 Likes
Kdifius
Pioneer
Options
Hello Sir, thank you for replying, my apps are all automatically being put to sleep, however it is not helping, I keep having to use the phone in dark mode, which isn't helpful, because I don't really like using that mode all the time. It's a ridiculous situation, and it's making me seriously think about getting a new phone.
0 Likes
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
Maybe get a battery pack (maybe with a wireless charger built in) , it makes it all a bit bulky but i fear it is the only solution
MKS22Ultra
Navigator
Options
Is it just sleep or deep sleep?
This is what I have.Screenshot_20231208_135529_Device care_1000042532_1702043729.png
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'd be very careful about getting a third party battery in the phone.
You may well find that certain features don't work, or the replacement battery may not get recognised if you could fit a larger one in the phone.
Lithium batteries are not something to risk with getting something that's not an original part.

You are far better off getting an original replacement fitted by a Samsung Approved repairer.
You would get a repair that reinstate the water resistance, and a warranty for the work done.
Using battery saving features and portable battery pack if you use the phone that much.

I must admit that I don't remember my S22 Ultra battery being that bad.

Checking regularly in battery and device care to see what apps are using the battery most. This will help in case something is being excessive.

Updating software and apps regularly. Restarting the phone once a week. All helps to optamise software
Kdifius
Pioneer
Options
I'm regularly doing all optimisations. However, it's a growing pain to use the phone. I can't use big external batteries, the phone is already big. There'll be an even bigger bulge on the case. I'm looking to get a new phone soon.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well it depends on what you are using on it.
I know my S23 Ultra even on my heavy days gets virtually a full day, and I'm talking heavily used.
Things like Facebook, TikTok, Instagram etc are heavy drains on battery.
I tend to use the Web version of Facebook instead of the app. Far better on battery
Other than Wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone and repairing apps from the recovery menu
Maybe factory reset and download your apps again
Theres not much else really
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Battery drain is a current issue on the S23u since update to oneUI 6. I think an upcoming update should hopefully address excessive battery drain and slow charging i.e when not using a Samsung charger. I use my phone for work and would only get 3 or 4 hrs from full if I didn't have a charger in the car which doesn't usually charge it but stops it draining. I personally wouldn't tinker with batteries other than from manufacturer as a lot of after market batteries are substandard, unsafe and often fake, also you need to ensure any additional amps etc don't fry your phone. I've fried a couple of laptops with bad batteries due to them not being genuine. Be very careful
0 Likes