Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra GPS Issues

(Topic created on: 12-08-2022 11:17 AM)
KemL30
Apprentice
Options

When using google maps my S22 Ultra GPS signal keeps getting lost. I have restated my phone but does not fix the issue. Very frustrating there seems to be a lot of bugs with this version as I had no issues with my S20 Ultra.

9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately it does appear some have been affected via this issue going by a forum search for recent threads. There maybe some useful tips or information in them.

Mine has worked fine as I tested it when I read some of the recent threads.

Please make sure your phone is updated to the latest software too @KemL30 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

jtorset
First Poster
Options

I have same problem with latest updates. 15.06.2022

Samsung please fix. 

0 Likes
Roday
First Poster
Options

Is this happening to you when using it on a magnetic car amount by any chance?

I have been experiencing regular issues with Android Auto where it's searching for GPS. I switched my mount to a none magnetic one today and didn't encounter it on three drives and plan to keep testing.

0 Likes
goblue
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues with build SP1A.210812.016.S908USQU2AVG6 and am not using a magnetic mount. I continually lose GPS when running Google Maps over Android Auto.

0 Likes
Roday
First Poster
Options

I am not sure how helpful this will be to you but you could try calibrating the magnetic sensors by opening google maps when not connected to the car and clicking on the dot indicating your location. If it is unable to get a GPS signal you may need to restart the phone and then try again. I feel that for some strange reason the phone stops getting GPS signals when these sensors need calibration. I think a magnetic mount makes this worse but there could be other causes.

I haven't been driving a lot of late but the phone has been working well (I lost GPS signal once but it came back without any action on my part) so far.

0 Likes
Hutch03
First Poster
Options
It's not a human error, I bet u have the 512gb model? That particular model has a different chipset to the rest and is the actual cause of the issue sweaty samsung have known this since the first few weeks of its launch and as of yet have not offered any solution. I too am stuck with this poor excuse of a "flagship" phone and already I'm counting the days left on my contract......
0 Likes
Roday
First Poster
Options

I'm on the 256gb SD model.

0 Likes
thebeno
Journeyman
Options
I have the same problem no gps signal and no matter how often I restart the phone it stop working
0 Likes
alpesh2012
First Poster
Options
Guys is there any fix for s22 ultra 512gb with GPS issue.mine takes longtime to pickup signal and also its not accurate
0 Likes